New OS, old problem...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skauf, Nov 22, 2009.

1. skauf

skauf New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 7600GS
    Hi all,

I've recently installed Win7 and the latest NVIDIA drivers. This is what I get (attached, see below: artifacts whenever triangles are rendered with the 3D engine).

Now, this is actually an old problem I had even with my previous OS (WinXP) and which was solved by (and only by, as I could find) using the modified drivers "DHzer0point_0.9291".

If I knew what was modified in this DHzer0point driver maybe I could find a driver for Win7 that is modified in the same way, or use the tuner perhaps to achieve a similar effect. Or maybe someone has a better idea?

[A little more info below if u need it]

Cheers!

A little more info:
    I'm running an old card 7600GS on an old Asus MOBO with AGPX4 and a crappy PSU (...can't afford anything more fancy right now), and I imagine the problem has something to do with AGP writing to the direct mapped buffer for triangle data. It may be a HW problem on my board+card but the fact that the driver I used solved it (I tried new drivers every once in a while, tried cleaning old drivers, tried physical and bios fiddling, u name it, nothing worked but the modified drivers) and the problem was always resident before, and gone forever while the modified drivers was installed - I conclude this problem IS bypassable by a driver mod.

2. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    VIA chipset?

If so, I don't know know if the drivers even expose the rx register fix anymore.

3. fli_guy84

fli_guy84 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 1GB
    Have you tried running RivaTuner? If I'm not mistaken, there are some options regarding AGP and motherboard chipsets which you can either enable or disable.

4. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Yes, messing around with Rivatuner's AGP and motherboard settings could work.

I'm also wondering whether or not you can fix this by enabling or disabling options in your BIOS. I have an old Asus motherboard at home, and it's got tons of AGP options.