New nvidia tech demo "wave works"

Discussion in 'Videocards vs General Purpose - NVIDIA Ageia PhysX' started by Damage_Plan, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Master Guru

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
  2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    That looks really cool.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    "Demo was ran on 2X GeForce GTX TITAN"

ok that leaves me out lol

4. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1070 Ti FE
    I could have sworn they said that ran on a single Titan. Also it isn't available (yet), its something Nvidia showed off themselves at their press conference along with that new human head. I imagine maybe sometime soon they will make both available

Ok i watched it again and they don't actually mention what is powering the ocean demo (unless i completely spaced it again) But they do say the human head is run on titan, either way, nothing ill be demoing if released lol, way out of my price "willingness"

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013

5. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Master Guru

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    hahhaha agreed.. and yeah i dont see anything on what powered that water works demo...

6. D1n

D1n Member

GPU:
    MSI 750 Ti GE
    If you click on the show more button you get

"Published on 2 Apr 2013

NVIDIA Wave Works is a Real-Time Beaufort-Scale Ocean Simulation. This is an interactive demo where the user can change the Beaufort-Scale in real time. The ocean and environment respond accordingly as the wind speed increases.

There are about 20,000 sensors around the hull of he ship that can inform the physics simulator how to respond depending on weight, the scale of the ocean and the speed of the ship. The sensor can also detect the water proximity/velocity of the ship, and depending on where the water hits, approximately 100,000 water spray particles will react properly depending on wind speed and other factors. The smoke is also fully simulated, and changes based on direction of ship and wind speed.

Demo was ran on 2X GeForce GTX TITAN "

7. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX 2070
    Amazing, but would be better if the ship started breaking apart in the waves and wind! :D

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Here is another video showing how they can manipulate the water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WZZARzpckw

THIS is what I wanted to see from PhysX a long time ago, instead the PhysX we have now adds nothing new to a game apart from things that look out of place and simply dont fit into the game world. They look tacked on, like Borderlands 2 the only good thing about PhysX in that was the decal damage a bullet did to the environment and even that looked out of place. This water demo on the other hand is a step in right direction!