New NVIDIA Press Embargo Stirs Things up

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    :rolleyes:
    Except that NDA specifically says otherwise. In two different places.

3. Termination of Obligationof Confidentiality b) and c)

2. fry178

fry178 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 X@2GHz
    So lots of complaints about the fact that magazines/sites etc, aren't allowed to talk about things like leaked information, which shouldn't have become "official" in the first place.

Would you also complain about an NDA that doesn't allow lets say cnn to comment on some top-secret military/tech info from country YX, that was leaked?

maikai likes this.
  3. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V64 LC
    NVidia is a giant parasite on the market of visualization technologies. It is too large to be safely removed even though it is known that it stops the body from developing. Eight years of senseless pumping computational power into hyper-tesselation because NV considered this as a driving force of her domination. 3 years of blocking Vulkan and DX12. Bounding developers to Cuda, Physx, GameWorks. Now, media control. I wonder how far they will go. From the perspective of technology development, it is probably the most poisonous corporation in the world.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Another day, another Nvidia controversy... sigh.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Nvidia the way it's meant to be a attention whoe.

Leaks will happen, always were, dunno why is this debate having so much attention.

Like Hilbert said nothing will change, it's just more "officially" put by Nv, guess because of all this new gpu Turing questions and what not..
    Which imo is so silly now, to the point it's stupid and boring, same old chewed leaks, what ifs and same lame guessing around it.. zzzzz

I don't really care about nv next gpu anymore, the hype is killed for me.

6. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    HH getting samples, info beforehand and technical briefings among others for 5 years, is good enough for me!

If HH's content/behavior were/was going to "change", I'm pretty sure the vast majority of readers/users here would noticed immediately.

But after all these years and we're still here... Well, there's a good reason for that, isn't there..? ;)

7. Killian38

Killian38 Master Guru

GPU:
    Here is a leak for ya. Nvidia is going to use the 10XX series chips in the 11XX cards. Don't ask for proof. I'm not allowed to give it to ya.

8. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1070 Ti FE
    I’m just sitting here eating my popcorn, this is rich. HH made it rather clear that this really isn’t surprising in the least. These types of NDA’s happen all the time, the only attention seeking drama queens are the guys who got up in arms over it and made a fuss saying look at us. Companies put these types of things basically just to cover their bases and help them easily not have to release information themselves when questioned about it by being able to say “we don’t comment on unreleased products etc”. Leaks happen all the time everywhere, hell even in the government where you can go to prison over it, yet how many people do you see sitting in prison over leaking top secret government information? Some of you just started foaming from the mouth the second you read NVIDIA, and your hate is spewing from your finger tips

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    alanm likes this.
  9. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra
    Fanboys getting upset over a basic NDA. If it was AMD this wouldn't be an issue like their deformation based PR/marketing.

GN covered this with a proper lawyer not a reddit one

Maddness, pharma, Koniakki and 4 others like this.
  10. Chechar51

Chechar51 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    so, Guru3d is not to be trusted anymore regarding nvidia hardware?

11. Chechar51

Chechar51 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    Talking to an Actual Lawyer on NVIDIAs NDA Sponsored by NVIDIA

Killian38 likes this.
  12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Don't ask me, I am not in for that, but if you read the forums here there's regularly people around complaining about not being able to run latest games with all the eye candy at 4K/60Hz constantly with a single GPU. mGPU brings it's own tricks and issues with it. And people swear on their 4K, and gaming above 100Hz is just a completely different experience compared to 60Hz, this I can confirm myself.
    Sometime in the future I do plan to play at 4K and 100Hz. Obviously that's not now since, and that's the point, there's not even closely the hardware for it.

I hope I catered to your curiosity enough that makes you realise, there could be applications for better tech, it's just we don't get it. And if people want to pay those 3k extra for that "tiny" experience gain, they should have the chance to do it. Or would you not agree?

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    No, see the lawyers assessment of this in the vid (18:45 - 19:30) where the NDA is specific on this point. It only covers what the disclosing party (Nvidia) gives you in terms of confidential info, NOT what other sources, partners, may divulge.

14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I would like to see your rebuttal of the specific points mentioned re the NDA doc in the vid rather than making lazy blanket troll statements.

15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

I agree it's problematic.

To get the full picture, they should have consulted the armchair branch too.

:D :D

alanm likes this.

16. sbacchetta

sbacchetta New Member

GPU:
    nvidia 1080ti
    I'm not a lawyer nor I have ever seen an actual NDA so I won't comment on the contents of it, but with the Hot Chips conference cancelled and and other hints telling us that Nvidia next launch is a least a few months away, why sending it now and letting only two days for the recipient to sign it ?

17. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    all the same sites running with this injustice

they lie and whore out for amd that's a fact they have too

2.00 minute mark
    amd wants him to be a hooker NVidia not

so go ask kyle how the amd nda goes
    he will lie because he cant say the truth about amd stuff
    so amd nuthuggers you wanna keep running with this?

fantaskarsef and BangTail like this.
  18. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    This is the whole problem with the little red AMD plastic sword division, they wave their little red swords around in the mistaken belief that AMD is some kind of champion of the people.

Are Intel or Nvidia Paragons of Virtue, are they all that is good and pure in the world?

NO, absolutely not,
    but neither are AMD, they are a business, and just like the aforementioned companies they want to be 'top dog', nothing more, nothing less.

pharma and cowie like this.
  19. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    no amd tells you what to say in reviews NVidia not
    maybe it will be the same as AMD to make some happy then they bitch about it only for nvidia

pharma likes this.
  20. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I get that, I was agreeing with you bud (that's why I gave you a like).

cowie likes this.