New Nvidia Driver 169.32 for 8 Series Vista 32 and 64 bit

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thanks for the modded inf., i like these, working great in everything ive tried so far, and Crysis was up 1-2 fps as well, finally been able to ditch the 169.17 beta's. :D

2. Tenma

Tenma Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT SC @ 680/1700/2020
    Uh, no I have a 32-bit version with 171.16 installed. If you read some reviews of the 171.16, you'll notice a lot of them say "it gives a 1-2 fps increase" as opposed to the 169 drivers.

Oh and of course, it "seemed" less buggy and it has good HQ. Great job gathering information there!

3. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Well it seems there's no point in us wasting time here on this forum might aswell let you read your reviews and let us know what to expect from your reviewer sites and I suppose hillbert should close these threads on sight from now on too. I take it you obviously haven't noticed the countless other people asking for (and appreciating) exactly this sort of imformation, btw what positive thing have you said or done on this thread except for trolling?

Don't see you lasting long on these forums with that sort of attitude.

4. Jammed_Death

Jammed_Death Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx560 TI Hawk
    still getting "nvlddkmkm stop responding and it goes to hell"...thinking is a dx10 games related problem...with crysis and world in conflict this error appears more frequently...vga temp max is 70°
    mah

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    i dl the moded ones for xp, and they arem't whql anymore since its a modded inf file lol, anyway they work good...

6. madlax

madlax Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GX-295N-HWFC
    Thanks for the modded inf. Drivers work fine BUT Crysis Benchmark was actually slower (not even 1 fps, but slower...).

I guess I'll wait for a proper nVidia release. They owe XP users at least a good driver in January... :bang:

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  8. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    World in conflict DX10 performance seems to be up after the abysmal drops in the last lot (28's i think)

9. BarryB

BarryB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    I think the XP 32bit ones broke Dungeon Siege?

Found myself running to the edge of an area and there was no more scenery, just a sheer drop so you couldn't progress and saving your game just locked the game up!

Went back to 169.17 and not had any more map problems!!

10. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Hmmmmm, just installed and crysis ran like crap..stuttering all over the place...

Im going to do a clean install, and try again... but right now this just may be the worst set for crysis for me yet....

11. orgnlprankster7

orgnlprankster7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8800GTS 512
    drivers suck at least for crysis, random stuttering. back to the 169.25s for me :(

12. smut

smut Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC
    Hey man, keep up the benchmarking for new drivers, I appreciate that and hope you continue to update your benchmarks as new drivers come out. Its a great chart for us Crysis players! I use XP so please continue to include XP! :)

Just a small suggestion, you may not have access to this resolution but the widescreen res of 1440x900 is used by alot of people so that is a good res to test at in my opinion.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  13. vurt

vurt Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti Strix OC
    Lost 2 FPS compared to 172.16 in Crysis GPU-test. Windows Vista 32.

1680x1050, "Very High" on all except "Low" on sound (have no idea how to turn it off completely in the Crysis Benchmark program)

Before: 30 FPS
    After: 28 FPS

14. damafan

damafan Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Lightning III
    no diff for me in 3Dmark06 score between 169.28 and 169.32, running on vista x64. both scored 14,005 points

haven't try with any games.

15. Alcom

Alcom Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 5850 1gb

16. wasteomind

wasteomind Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 ti
    Hey thanks.

I have access to the resolution, that not a problem. I wanted to test this resolution as well knowing it was one of the most common resolutions however the benchmarking tool I use does not have this resolution included.

So I either need to find a way to modify the programs list of default/included resolutions or do the 1440x900 resolutions manually, which consumes some time.

I'll try to figure out which way is best and include them when the next driver release hits the public.

17. Barton C++

Barton C++ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI

lol...I dont belive that..20% increase ? did the driver also reduce your UT3 resolution perhaps?

EDIT // OK, I see you play SLI.....major progress then :D

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  18. Nictron

Nictron Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Titan X
    These drivers seem to have allot of SLI performance fixes and benefits. Firstly all the SLi profiles seems to be correctly updated.

I can also run Sli in windowed mode where as before it would run at half the speed of fullscreen mode.

Unfortunately Lord of the Rings online still does not support SLI and runs very crappy.

Call of Duty 4 runs incredible and very smooth with vsync on. never drops below 60 FPS in SLi mode.

Have played Crysis and to me there is an improvement in DX10 but DX9 is still the same.

I am keeping them, lets hope the 17x.xx series comes soon, I want the 64Bit ones.

I also get 15531 on default settings in 3DMark2006. My best score yet with Sli, on default settings.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  19. ragtag

ragtag Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 SLI
    I have the same problem but only in WIC. Im using 169.28.

20. _RA_

_RA_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini ITX
    no xp version yet?