New nv control panel

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Sep 22, 2021.

1. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Member

GPU:
    -
    can we start vote or something to push nvidia making new panel?

2. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 3060Ti
    Nice and clean with settings grouped perhaps

dr_rus likes this.
  3. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    TUF OC RTX 3080
    Yeah push them good one :p

4. Volteron

Volteron Active Member

GPU:
    2080ti sli
    Why not start a contest to design a new nv cp template, then send it to nvidia?

enkoo1 and big ROBOT bill like this.

5. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    No thanks.
    What we need is lower DX12 CPU overhead.

BlindBison, blunden, sapo_joe and 3 others like this.
  6. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    I thought so too, then I bought a cheap 11400F and it's an issue no more. Hard to get CPU bound even in 720p with the 3060. But to be honest even my previous 6700K was enough for most situations in 1440p, issue is really overrated. Truth is there CPU architectures that a good for gaming, while others are not. A driver won't magically turn your number crunching CPU into a gaming one.

dr_rus likes this.
  7. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC
    why? that´s so useless

sapo_joe and Ant1Cheater like this.
  8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Yeah and it's obvious that UI designers and programmers are the same guys who would work on low level D3D12 driver components.

9. hearnia_2K

hearnia_2K Active Member

GPU:
    PNY RTX 2080 Super
    What's wrong with the current control panel?
    If they did something new they'll probably make a hardware accelerated, custom themed piece of junk, or try to integrate it into GeForce Experience.
    What we have now works, and it's fine - no point wasting their time on a new one, I'd rather they continue working on the drivers and optimizing them etc.

10. hearnia_2K

hearnia_2K Active Member

GPU:
    PNY RTX 2080 Super
    It's about investment though. I they do a new CP then that's probably a lot of work they don't generally have, so would either need to hire someone, or outsource it, or move them from somewhere else. All of those things essentially cost money, and they could do the same things for people on DX12 too.

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    It's fine, just needs export and import of profiles feature.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I will admit the NVCP is slow parsing things, but there nothing wrong with other wise, most time I use Nvidia profile inspector. because the import/export function

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Apparently even after prompting people to report that the driver container is choking the UI, nobody apart from me has reported it. :rolleyes:

things don't get fixed if you only whine about it on forums unrelated to the company.

Theres a windows 10 specific bug causing high latency interactions in the GUI due to OS specific changes causing the creation of threads to take longer.

PS to op.

nvidia is not a democracy, your polls and votes are worthless, if you want change do it yourself or construct an outline for design including detailed images.

If it looks like the radeon control panel you can stuff it in an incinerator, nobody wants that.

14. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070 OC
    Not really needed.

If they start putting so much stuff on it, it'll become bloated and resource heavy.

Leave it like it is, lightweight and neat.

15. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Next thing you know we’re fabricating chips

BlindBison and Badgerslayer7 like this.

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    After being on Nvidia since the GTX970, then 980Ti, then, 1070, 1080 and 1080Ti (most seperate rigs) and not being on AMD since the HD7970GHz so I never used the new software panel and now being back on AMD with the 6800XT. I can honestly say that the software panel far far exceeds that of Nvidia.

To get all the same functions you need the nvcp, nspector, experience, and something like MSI AB or EVGA Precision to OC and control fans. With AMD its all under one roof, is it perfect, hell no. But is it convenient, yes. Sure the layout could do some some tweaking around but once you know where it all is its second nature.

Install one app and your good to play, record, stream, clip, screenshot, gif, overclock, underclock, fan control, game stats, OSD, and switching settings on the fly like anti-lag, chill, or boost, etc.

Not saying Nvidia's panel is bad, it works fine. For a long time I thought they were going to incorporate it into geforce experience to try and bring everything under one roof. Which I think would be the best way to go, but get rid of the stupid sign in BS.

If there is one thing AMD is truly missing its a competitor to broadcast. That thing is flippin magic.

OnnA likes this.
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Its better to keep the control panel and the Gamer-esq features entirely seperate.

Nobody wants a control panel that resets anytime the driver crashes, black screen issues because the control panel loads a mutex-unsafe driver against othe mutex unsafe drivers (mixing with corsair link/icue in this scenario).

the nvcp had a performance module, it was left to rot and discontinued by the release of Kepler.

[​IMG]

GFE is an Electron application and has the same security implications, bugs and flaws inherent to a ll electron applications, right down to the global sharpening setting causing text corruption, it will never be used to replicate the control panel.

There are changes to be made for usability, but not in the direction of replicating the Radeon CCP or Adrenaline interfaces

There is no way that someone is going to make the effort to reimplement every feature into a DotNet or UWP interface when these interfaces have their own inherent flaws and performance concerns, a transition from MFC to WTL/ATL is the best consideration.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    sapo_joe likes this.
  18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    I've had none of those issues since I had my 6800XT at launch. I had 1 driver crash but that was me pushing overclocks too high.

Also I don't remember that OC feature in nvcp when I had Fermi GTX480. Could just be that it was so long ago. I do remember using MSI AB to OC it though.

19. CyberSparky

CyberSparky Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 XC3
    If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Works well for many years, has descriptions, what could be better besides maybe dark mode? Flashy colors and pretty icons to select?

Ant1Cheater likes this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Driver crashes aren't always driver caused, some times (especially with D3D12 and VK) the application has a poorly programmed resource or shader that infinite loops or attempts to use after free that causes it, early on with the new radeon control panel such resets were resetting custom 3d settings rather than just the clock related stuff.