New NAND based Intel SSD 760p (TLC) and 660p (QLC) Specs Leak Online

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    SLC, MLC, TLC and then and comes QLC. Cheap NAND flash for the masses, and guess what happened? Specs from Intel's next-generation consumer. ...

Read more

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  2. Silva

Silva Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX560 4G
    I was really worried about SSD wear when MLC appeared. I wanted to buy SLC but it was too expensive.
    Eventually I bought a MLC SSD and at the rate I'm wearing it, I need over 15 years to kill it. By that time, I don't think I'd be using this SSD anymore ahah.
    So when TLC came I was exited, a reason to buy another SSD for cheaper or with more space. But the price didn't come down...Now QLC, the performance is going up, but the price is not going down.

Kaarme likes this.
  3. robintson

robintson Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus_Strix2080Ti_OC
    Completely agree with you about the prices not going down, but instead the profits for the ssd manufactures are constantly going up. They don't bother at all about the prices going down, they only care about their profits going up the sky, that's why we have TLC and now QLC. Right now SLC ssd is almost impossible to find, also MLC ssd's are getting less produced, TLC is getting mainstream and after some years it will be completely replaced with QLC NAND.

Silva likes this.
  4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    If the NAND manufacturers can sell everything they make at a higher price, obviously they aren't going to lower their prices. I'd dare say there's still more demand than supply. It naturally doesn't help phones are being shipped with bigger and bigger mass storage. It also doesn't help the American nuclear disaster brought Toshiba to its knees, forcing it to sell its NAND production to the competitors, meaning the competition just lessened. One does not simply start to manufacture something as sophisticated as 3D NAND overnight, so there are slim chances of the situation getting any better too fast.

Silva likes this.