1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New MSI Optix MAG341CQ making static sounds...

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by f14dude, Oct 9, 2018.

1. f14dude

f14dude Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 SC 8GB
    Hiya,

Just purchased a new 34" ultra wide MSI Optix MAG341CQ and hooking it up to my Geforce 1070 through a Displayport cable and it is on and working with no display issue but for some reason after on for a few minutes, it would start making random statics sound. I checked and made sure the static sound is not coming through the speakers but it's more like coming from different part of the screen? I tried using a different displayport cable as well as a hdmi cable and it will still do the same and for some reason, the sound would go away after being on for a while but will come back eventually on and off.

Now what is funny is that the monitor will still make the same static sound *AFTER* I powered off the unit. It would continue making the sound for another hour or so. Could this be the sign of a bad monitor or bad handling during shipping? I didn't see any drop to the box so it's probably not that.

Since I didn't want to chance it, I contacted Newegg and requested a RMA for an exchange. I just find it odd and have never encountered a lcd/led that make statics noise.

Thanks.

2. Chastity

Chastity Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Good choice on the RMA

3. f14dude

f14dude Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 SC 8GB
    Yeah, I read that someone else was also having the exact same hissing static sound coming from the monitor and he brought his a week or two before me and had to RMA twice so I requested a refund and going to my local Microcenter and get this one instead.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/...VI_HDMI_DP_FreeSync_Curved_Gaming_LED_Monitor

It's a bit more money but spec the same.