New Mouse/Keyboard

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Nagasaki, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Banned

GPU:
    POV 9600GT 512MB DDR3
  2. kRze

kRze Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 280 SSC|24" Dell
  3. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    I don't really like them, I had a G15 keyboard and couldn't get used it, I ended up selling it.

As for Mice I generally buy Logitech, although after seeing Razor introducing a Wireless one, I'll probably switch next time around.

I like Logitech all round, but the keyboards are getting bigger and bigger and bulkier. I prefer the more slimline type keyboards.

4. Finny

Finny Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX260 core 216 soon
    Oooooo color screen......

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Do not buy the G19 keyboard for that outrageous price!!! The G15 is just as fantastic (minus the coloured lcd and less macro keys) but costs around 1/3 of the price. If you need loads of macro keys, get the G11, if you need the screen, get the G15. I think that the G15 is the best compromise, it has a screen and also 6 macro keys (plenty for me). It also features a traditional layout and is a fair chunk smaller than the G11 and G19.

Money saved on the keyboard should be invested in a good wired gaming mouse, I'm using the G9 and it's dog's bollocks. The G9x is the same as G9 but with more Dpi (I don't even need the resolution of the G9 tbh). Anyway, G15 + G9 is for me the best combo atm. I love it, the keyboard is fantastic and the mouse is too good to describe!!!

@John: I wouldn't call either the G19 or G15 big. This is G19 pictured below, it is a nice size, surely not bloated... The G15 is similar if not smaller...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  6. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    John? You called for me? :p

Anyway, I agree with Finch. I think it looks big and bulky, and not to mention tacky. I'm getting a Logitech Illuminated next. Laptop style buttons and backlight, plus aesthetics that don't look like they were disigned by FATALATAAAAAAAH or similar so-called "pro gamers".

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that jazz.

7. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    its a little vulgar looking that g19 the g15 is pretty sweet though dont see why you'd need a colour screen that small.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh, I meant Finch... :nerd:

Anyway on the other hand hate Laptop style button lift and spacing... But like you said, the beauty is in the... Blah... TBH, I do like the look of the G19 and I was I little pissed when I bought the G15 last month to see this announced. But the price of G19 makes it out of my reach, I couldn't justify spending $199 on a keyboard. God knows how much it'll be in the uk, but if it's anything over £100, then I can't see many people buying it when you can pick up a G15 for under £60...

9. Drizzt

Drizzt Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 7800GT @ Stock OC
    Deathadder > all

Logitech keyboards are too expensive imo.

10. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Finch: Razer's wireless mouse seems OK.... until you notice that according to the website, the most it can seem to last on a full charge is 3 day i'm guessing in a not-so-high DPI setting, or like 12 hours at the highest DPI setting. Seems more like it's a "Wired, but convenient wireless option for portability.... although you'll still probably need the wire" mouse. Not to mention last i saw it's supposed to sell for like $129? I would barely pay that much for both a mouse AND keyboard.... and if i was paying that much for just a mouse.... i'd expect a lot more than a high DPI and a mediocre battery life.

For me..... Logitech MX Revolution + Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 > *

11. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    $129, meh, not really a problem, if you work who cares =)

I have the MX5500 Bluetooth set atm.
    I really hate the mouse, the style is nice, no issues there, it's the bluetooth not being as good as Wireless, there is a slight 'Lag' to the mouse at times.

14hrs continuous gaming is pretty good, 3 days average use is alright.

Considering if you're like me, you just put it back into the dock every time you're not using it. So should be much of a problem.

12. LiquidKhaos

LiquidKhaos Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295 @ Stock
    I'm SO getting a G19.. Just because..

AHah It takes an AC power plug. WOW. Guess USB doesn't pump enough juice for it =P

13. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    AC Power plug as well? Damn.

Shame they didn't do what some of the 2.5" External HDD's do and include 2 USB plugs, one for data and power, and the other for extra boost in power.

14. LiquidKhaos

LiquidKhaos Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295 @ Stock
    No kidding! I got enough cables to deal with here. However, I want to see "real" reviews. Supposedly that color LCD is so sharp it'll practically "show" you Ventrilo. But something tells me it'll disappoint. Then again the new G15 is a BIG step from the old one. I had the first G15 (looks like G11 but with LCD) for 3 years before it blew up. That thing was HUGE. Then I got the new G15 which was smaller and more comfortable. So perhaps they'll continue moving up.

15. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Yea, I've Dual screens, so I just view Ventrilo on the other screen, makes it easy to glance over and see who's talking sometimes.

16. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    think you actually see the dual USB more on external bus-powered optical drives moreso than portable hard drives. i have a 60GB Western Digital Passport that uses a single USB connection for power and data.

And.... i work... and i still wouldn't pay $129 for that Razer "wireless" mouse. it gets 14-72 hours new.... i can't imagine what that might drop to in a few months, or after a couple recharges or being on the charger constantly. I mean yeah.... Logitech's MX Revolution and MX1000/MX1100 say they can last for about a week on a full charge, or can do a quick 10-minute charge to make it last the day.... and those usage times eventually start to decline.... but it still doesn't get to that low of a usage time before it's dead. The only thing with the Razer is you're making one helluva tradeoff..... battery life for a higher DPI. I'd rather just have a wired mouse if i was worried about the DPI.

17. LiquidKhaos

LiquidKhaos Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295 @ Stock
    Same here. Dual 24's.. But I like having weird gadgets just to say I got it LOL.

I dunno. I got a G7 and after about 6 months I'm lucky if one battery lasts me a day. I'm not too thrilled about it. Course this mouse is 3 years old, so perhaps the newer G7's have better batteries.

18. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    0.o did they make a wireless version of the G5 that i'm not aware of?

19. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    I've got 3 x 2.5" drives that all use the Dual USB. They all work with 1, but if you plug in 2 you get an extra speed boost from it.

I've got a Samsung that uses one, Vantec and a LaCie.

Yea, I'd like to see some more reviews from the mouse when they come out, but 3 days of pretty normal use isn't too bad, do you leave yours off the charger or something? Every time I leave the computer I put mine back into the cradle.

20. LiquidKhaos

LiquidKhaos Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295 @ Stock
    Sorry I meant G7 lol. Hell even had to look at the damn mouse. ROFL