*New* Monthly ATI Driver/Team slagging thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Jul 2, 2010.

1. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    sykozis .... i have been an ati fan (not a total fanboy) for a long long time .... i had only a 8800gt from nvidia which still rocks... but i don't have it anymore sadly... if you see in this thread i was still taking sides on ati as i was talking about rich_guy and why did he open this thread... but i have had enough and if people know me in this forum they know i certainly don't like anyone bashing ati and i do hate nvidia for their policy ... and the fact that they can't man up when they mess up..

but enough is enough..... i have been sitting around since 9.12 for some stable and good drivers which don't create issues without any reasons but they have been giving us crap ever since 9.12....i had issues with 10.2 so skipped it... 10.3 was good... well good as it worked.... but after that i am stuck with 10.4 (p.s 10.4 kinda screwed up my temp so i have a noise problem as i have to run my fan at 60% all the time as they have increased the voltage up a notch ) because of the 2d bug where i can't downclock my card as i really need to as i am not a fan of high temps and i have my pro ocd on stock cooling...

and i like the tools that are available for ati like att thanks to ray adams and now msi afterburner and last but not the least ati radeon pro.. it seem i only bought ati stuff because i like these softwares and the company HIS .......... but now i feel like i have wasted enough money in my life on pc gaming and thanks to ati i no longer like to go through this hassle anymore of waiting for a driver to work... we buy a good enough pc so that we can tweak and oc the hell out of it... we all want to do that right??... but if ati can't give me a driver that even works to make me feel like yes my pc is up to dated and i have all the optimizations needed to run a new game..... and the feeling of it... the new tweaks and tricks involved new drivers and stuff but now it feels like a waste.. and it's not only becuase of that i do have issues with new games with 10.4... like in pop sudden fps drops.. metro 2033 etc .... i am sorry ati u just fcuked me up after my long lasting support for you guys .... last words fcuk ati... i am going consoles from now on... cause gaming is all i want to do..

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  2. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    I've solved 400/1000 2D workaround (isn't an bug, it's an workaround for fix some monitor problems), lowering on vga bios one table frequency with RBE. It's easy, but at your own risks.
    You get higher 2D frequency if you have overdrive with overclock enabled.
    You can overclock through bios, in the same mode, without encounter higher 2D clocks. Easy and your risks too.

3. Rotary8

Rotary8 Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 680
    this is my first time trying ati this time around. in all my life. i never seen slop drivers like this. i had to roll back 10.4 to make things run good. im not saying its the cards. i love them. if i was the manager of the guys who build the drives. i think i would fire them and get a one year contract with nvidia to see what they can do. now thats smart thinking on ati side

4. Fox102383

Fox102383 Guest

I'm waiting thing's out alittle longer! I hope ATI can fix these stupid driver's they are putting out! If not i'm going back to green!

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    Go here and smile
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=322616

6. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    Maybe you must clean old drivers an correct uninstallation, reboot, swipe cleaning with batch files made by TwL, install Catalyst 10.7 and last Application profiles for optimize your crossfire configurations.
    I know many users have problems with an uncorrect uninstall&installation, and many times mix old catalyst drivers with new...

7. Saad

Saad Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd Radeon 6970 crossfire
    apply ointment.

8. JPennStar

JPennStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    Been running 10.6 since it came out with BC2 and borderlands, and after installing 10.7 both games were unstable after a little under and hour.

For some reason in Borderlands the game was using 3.5GB of memory and a windows warning would pop up saying I'm running out of memory and the program must close. It did this several times before I reverted back to 10.6 and all is fine.

I honestly think this is BS support for us who pay so much for these cards.

9. Copyright78

Copyright78 Active Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX580 900/2200
    Hmm... what driver version were you running when this started?

10. Copyright78

Copyright78 Active Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX580 900/2200
    Ive been building and gaming for 10 years... Nvidia has always had less problems for me. My 4870x2 pissed me off so bad I wanted to set it on fire. Instead I picked up a GTX280 which was flawless. My only complaint now is the higher then normal 2D clocks that gave me a 10C idle increase. Something so simple yet it pisses me off.

11. Kvickstick

Kvickstick New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 460 SLI 1GB
    CCC 10.7 Works flawless for me :/ Useing 5870s in Crossfire and BFBC2 loads very fast and the issue with high idle clocks does not seem to effect my system.

12. ezodagrom

ezodagrom Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
    No problems at all here, like all the drivers I used from ATI since CCC 8.12.

13. Saad

Saad Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd Radeon 6970 crossfire
    hmm...ive had no problems since like 2 years when i got my 4850..except the high 2d clock when overdrive was enabled using ccc 10.6 and 10.7...or maybe i just noticed it right now because i dont use overdrive to oc the card.. but guess that was a workaround or something.

14. tomb18

tomb18 Active Member

GPU:
    2x8800GTX SLI
    Try running grand theft auto. Crossfire gives you maximum 800x600. If you disable crossfire it works but there is massive artifacts, missing textures (heads for example! only teeth show). This is on a 2x5960 system. Tried it with xfire and non-xfire.
    I went back to 10.4 and GTA works flawlessly.
    What a mess.

15. kirineve

kirineve New Member

GPU:
    ATi 4870 750/775
    At least i don't get my card BURNED with ATI driver,

GOOD WORK NVIDIA

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssss!!!

17. Egregious

Egregious Member

GPU:
    Mobility 5830 1GB GDDR3
    Yea?

Well I just installed the official 10.7 Mobile Cats and it's obvious the driver team is composed of nothing but IDIOTS!!!!

I'd also like to thank RG for making this thread and I'd also like thank everyone who flamed him. Good times! :D

18. klanjsek

klanjsek Active Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 5870 900/1250
    Usually i would agree - on average i find ati drivers good, but yesterday i did found out that in order to get jedi outcast working I had to go back to 10.3.a preview driver. 10.5., 10.6.,10.7&10.8beta did not work. had also some issues with dirt, who was choppy on new drivers.

19. Paul L

Paul L Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700XT
    You can keep the current Catalyst pack installed. For any OpenGL game
    that doesn't work. At the following link is the OpenGL driver from the
    10.4 Catalyst pack.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A9E5WIBF

Just unpack it & put it in the same folder as the games .exe.
    I had to do it for a few titles now & this .dll file works fine.

20. klanjsek

klanjsek Active Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 5870 900/1250
    Thanx Paul:):cheers:.