New monitor for home office and light gaming

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by Spitfire303, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Spitfire303

Spitfire303 Master Guru

GPU:
    In o 3D GTX 1060 6g
    Hi,

At work they give us some money for the equipment (around 200 EUR) so I am going to buy myself a monitor as my eyes are getting more and more tired...

The usage would be:

Home office (mail, excel )
    For personal use web bring and some World of warships

In any case pro and personal the monitor would be hooked up to a notebook. My home notebook is a Lenovo Legion with a 1660Ti so in term of resolution it won't go far especially for gaming.

A lot of people say 27 with FHD is crap especially for office usage.
    I can't make up my mind between 24 or 27 inches.

Till today I found only one monitor 27" 2K in the price range i can afford - I looked for something over FHD driven by comments about 27'Fhd being so so for office work.

https://www.materiel.net/produit/202009280081.html

All other are FHD

https://www.topachat.com/pages/deta...rique_est_w_moni_puis_ref_est_in20005169.html

https://www.rueducommerce.fr/p-27-l..._content=lien-profond&utm_campaign=Awin_prive

Another solution would be a 24" but for now super appeared to me. In two days sales are starting here in France so I hope there will be some more choice of nice prices.

Any input is welcomed

Thx

I have found one

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    FHD 27" is a total garbage. I've used samsung c27 before and the pixel density is very bad i dont recommend for office use or gaming.

So 27" 1440p minimum or go with 24" 1080p.

Spitfire303 likes this.
  3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I know that BenQ will sell refurbished models on the cheap. My EW3270W was available as a refurb for $139, and this would be a 32" 4K VA display. I would check their site and see what's available as B-stock.

Spitfire303 likes this.
  4. Spitfire303

Spitfire303 Master Guru

GPU:
    In o 3D GTX 1060 6g
    Thank you for your replies. I think I will definitely stay away from 27' with FHD screen. I do understand now why most special offers are on this kind of monitors..

Chastity,
    thx for the tip on Benq 2nd hand. I checked and they do it in France too. They have two 27' QHD but one of them is 60hz and the other can't be raised (which I need for home office) but I found this one 24':

https://www.benq.eu/fr-fr/refurbish...onitor/ex2510-refurbished/specifications.html

which seems to OK, IPS, 1MS time response (even if I don't care that much), 144 hz.

The best thing that I found it new on amazon for the same price :)

I think I will wait till Wednesday for the sale but at least I have a candidate!

5. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    It is better go for
    - 27" 1440p
    - 24" 1080p

Panel IPS or good quality VA. Avoid TN.

Spitfire303 likes this.
  6. Spitfire303

Spitfire303 Master Guru

GPU:
    In o 3D GTX 1060 6g
    Yeah I stay away from the TN. I ordered the BenQ from Amazon. Will check it and if nothing better appears in a week or two I will keep it.

7. Trunks0

Trunks0 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 6600XT
    1080p @ 27" resolution will net you a PPI (Pixels Per Inch) of 82. This is 10 lower than the 92 you get at the typical 24" size of a 1080p screen. Honestly... it's minor and if one of the goals is for the display to be easier on the eyes... you might like that slightly bigger look.

But I'm late to the party. What did you end up getting?

*late edit* For the record, I use a display that is about equal to a 27" @ 1080p and love it. The Samsung CHG90. But it's also abit of unique display with a 32:9 aspect ratio.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  8. Spitfire303

Spitfire303 Master Guru

GPU:
    In o 3D GTX 1060 6g
    I got the apparently excellent BenQ 24' EX2510. It should be delivered today but if I find a better solution I can send it back and take something else. Sales are starting today so I look for new opportunities:)

Trunks0 likes this.
  9. Trunks0

Trunks0 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 6600XT
    Can't wait to hear your impressions or see what else you end up getting :D

10. Spitfire303

Spitfire303 Master Guru

GPU:
    In o 3D GTX 1060 6g
    Hi, after few days I may say... this one stays with us. Finally it will be use on our main "tower" PC as... the G-Sync works only on Display Port and my notebook has only HDMI... Found it out the hard way but... it's life. The monitor is superb. It is much much better than the one we have since few years (Asus 24 VG 258 Tn 60hz). Not sure why (Gsync I imagine) but with GTX 1060 6GB, Ryzen 5 3600X and 16GB of ram BF2142 it was unplayable at high and now... it rocks with ultra!