New Microcode to further increase AMD Ryzen memory compatibility

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 7, 2017.

1. nappydrew

nappydrew New Member

GPU:
    GTX GeForce 1060 Dual 6Gb
    AMD just OFFICIALLY Released Microcode

AMD just rolled out the official release of the AGESA that everyone has been waiting for. Sounds like ASUS, and a couple other MOBO makers will have a leg up. Lots of good info here:

I can't post direct link because I'm new here, but this is where to go:

community DOT amd DOT com/community/gaming/blog/2017/05/25/community-update-4-lets-talk-dram

They lay out the parameters, and what to expect, in pretty good detail.

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    Good read. Thanks for posting it.

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Finally. I was wondering when this was going to be released. I'm really hoping this update will fix the RAM issues I'm experiencing, since currently it is the only major problem I have with my PC.

4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    gotta love the trolls.

So...what you're telling this forum is you have no idea what you are talking about, but are going to proclaim what is good or not based off your lack of knowledge?

the i5-7600K is a $240 CPU 4c 4t CPU. Technically, AMD doesn't even have anything this low yet, at that will be the r3 (theoretically) as unlike AMD, Intel loves to give you overpriced outdated hardware as "mainstream". Even AMDs r5 1400 4c 8t $169 CPU is more advanced and high end then the i5-7600K, which is downright sad on Intels part.

But lets just back up real quickly, because you're one of those nonsense people that try and come in here and say "Well, Intels i5 can out-do AMDs highest end CPU in games"

Well, here's some facts of life for you. Intels i5 can outdo Intels own $1700 highest end desktop CPU in games. Yet AMDs highest end $500 CPU can outdo, match, and lose to (but not by much) Intels highest end $1700 CPU, and most definitely Intels $1000 range of CPUs.

So who is it are you trying to say has overpriced hardware based off of your idea that gaming is everything? AMD, which gets beaten as you say from a $240 CPU vs $500, which is a $260 difference, or Intel, who gets beaten by themselves from a $240 CPU vs a $1700 CPU, which is a $1460 difference?

Hmm....someones not using logic very well......

Last edited: May 26, 2017

5. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    Why get the 7600K over the 7700K?

It would've still been cheaper than the 1800X and performance in various games would've been better than the 7600K. I get choosing performance in games but 4C/4T is definitely looking long in the tooth at this point.