New Job!!!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by H83, Feb 7, 2011.

1. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    I know that this is probably a little lame but i just wanted to share my happiness at finding a new job, as a financial controller, that pays well and isn´t as boring as pure accounting positions.

Also, out of curiosity, i wonder if there are more gurus that also work at financial/accounting related jobs. I´ve already seen some programmers and hardware guys and other jobs but none related to my area.

Also, i´m starting to feel my new paycheck burning thru my pockets so i want to know when are the new sandy bridge laptops coming out?

2. Beast

Beast Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'd be happy if I got a job at minimum wage where I live, I'm thinking of applying for McDonalds. It sounds like it would be a lively experience.

3. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    good news are never lame.
    Enjoy your new job

4. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290 CFX
    I'd be happy if got a job.....
    Im doctor and unemployment is high....

5. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I've been looking for a job for the past 6 weeks... It's $hit with no money and boring...

no money to go shopping to buy clothes, no money to get a licence & car, no money to go out and enjoy myself, no money to get luxurious food and no money to get a second GTX 480 :)

6. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    I do IT management for an accountant, does that count? haha.

Congratulations though!

7. screenager

screenager Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 290
    never knew they have jobs on mars, congrationlations though :)

8. RSX

RSX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6970
    Congratulation! Are you a CPA, CGA, or CA? What education and credentials do you have in accounting? I just finished my 2 year diploma in accounting so I am a long way from you.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Grats on the new job bud.

Probably look for proper Sandy Bridge laptops around April at the earliest with the corrected P67/H67 chipsets....

10. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Congratulations on the new job. Being out of work is fecking horrible if anyones unfortunate enough to be in that position.

I work for an IT company, nothing to do with accounting, but know for a fact that our company accountant earns a hell of a lot of money. :thumbup:

11. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    congrats man, i too got a new job, as an IT technician (for the moment cause i don't have my masters), after i get my masters i'll become a software engineer (and double my salary :D)

12. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    I´m sorry, i don´t know what CPA, CGA or CA means.

I can tell you that i´m the middle of my business management degree and i have already some experience in accounting and in financial control.
    I was picked because of my experience in financial control, in working with SAP and because of my english skills.

Beast, ScaryClown and Kanej, sorry to hear that you guys are without job but keep your heaps up and don´t give up, sometimes it´s just a question of luck and you guys can find a nice job, just like me.

And thanks for all the support guys!!!

13. nwc

nwc Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    I'm currently a product controller for an IB; I have CIMA qualifications but I would recommend you do CFA or FSA exams if you are doing FOBO reconciliation and daily PnL / monthly reporting (long hours around month end - did an 85 hour week first week of the year as it was also year end reporting). Good luck!