NEW: Internet Explorer 9 hardware accelerated rendering support

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by bhokuto, Oct 31, 2010.

1. bhokuto

bhokuto Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R5670 HD 1GB DDR5
    Well, this looks interesting.

And I just found out today, while installing Firefox 64bit 4.0.8b-pre that Adobe has brought back the interest for 64bit Flash, coded 'Square'

Download here: * scroll down once on the webapge

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

2. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    lol, slightly old news.

if you run msi ab and then run ie9 beta, you'll notice it auto bumps your clocks to 2d clocks.

for some reason the html 5 stuff doesnt seem to run as smooth as it could. the leaked amd fusion ie9 test video looked much smoother than it does on my setup for some reason, which is kinda annoying...

as for the flash thing, nice find!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    Yes, I have the same issue. Second GPU runs at 400/1250 MHz on the desktop as PowerPlay doesn't disable it if I'm using IE9 beta.

4. bhokuto

bhokuto Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R5670 HD 1GB DDR5
    Probably because the version they 'used and recorded' had more enthusiasm behind the prop. Whereas, you might have the lame version they put out. Just to get you grumpy.

:war:

The beta Firefox 64bit, 4.08b-pre doesn't support Clear Type. So, back to IE 64bit.

5. bhokuto

bhokuto Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R5670 HD 1GB DDR5

Also, the programmers spend lots of time testing and in the wake of things, forget or postpone certain functions due to figuring out how to integrate them. It's not as straightforward as cutting a piece of wood.

Many factors to consider and integrate, spawning new ways, branching.
    Too much branching and the processor has to work twice as hard. Thus a processor needs to be super threading; it needs to be over or above and beyond. So that when programming branches into more codes, the processor is already beyond the branches. But since man is limited in vision, he won't do that. And thus, bottle necks.

We can write nice code that hogs processors, but if the processor doesn't have greater instuctions, forget the fancy coding it won't show up; the instruction will either cause a pause, a crash or sent to the bit bucket.

Thus, a challenge all around.

First make the processor CPU GPU formidable. Way above and beyond so that code workers who like to write extravagent programs will be able to test them and see what they have thought out to come to fruition.