1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Intel Roadmap leaks: 10 core Comet lake in 2020, Rocket Lake on 2021, both at 14nm

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 25, 2019.

1. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I really like the thought of AMD getting market share but I think you are highly underestimating Intel. Intel is a like a fat Usain Bolt right now. Now Intel has some competition they are going to cut the fat and turn up the heat. You can already feel it coming with the collection of top tier engineers they have amassed.

2. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti / WC
    I agree with that.
    I'm just saying that "100% more power for 10-30% more performance" is in a "consume all you want" scenario. If you limit that, this 14nm++++ does not look so bad and I think Intel can still release something competitive. But not at current prices.

Aura89 likes this.
  3. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    With 95W limit.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Don't know what is exactly tested there, but again, intel processors do not care about the limit you put on them for the first 10 seconds or so, they go above it anyways, and without knowing and seeing what both processors are using, wattage wise, during the test, throughout the test, there is no way to know how much wattage is being used. These readings and tests need to go hand in hand.

5. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Actually i am more confused then ever with that article.

It does not state they limited the cpu to 95 watts, they limited the entire power supply wattage?,
    Maybe they were able to limit the cpu to 95 somehow within the power supply, like they imply, but how do you from a power supply limit the cpu ONLY to 95 watts? Maybe its possible, but either way, they didn't limit the 2700x to any lower wattage, so the above graph doesnt tell us anything, it just tells us that the 9900k with a supposed 95 watt limit to it has a total system wattage of 129.....and?