1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***NEW*** Intel Chipset driver 10.1.2.9

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by thatguy91, Aug 12, 2015.

1. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    New Intel Chipset driver out!

Covers:
    http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=startdown&id=1665

Run with the -overall command to reinitialise and rebrand the chipset devices.

This driver like ALL previous Intel Chipset drivers just removes the yellow bang in device manager for devices not already supported in that version of Windows, as well as rebranding the device with a new driver version and date. These are null drivers, contain no payload, and will NOT change performance etc despite what people will claim. The only way it can actually change performance is because it will reinitialise connected devices to the devices 'updated' (rebranded) by the installation of this. This may affect performance if there is an anomaly with the installation of the connected device.

Any device updated to this version in the device manager that appears to have driver files is because it uses the same driver files from the system machine.inf. Basically, it has it's own device name and driver version, but links to the existing machine.inf.

Hope that makes sense.

To summarise:
    This shouldn't make any difference regardless of using -overall or not, if all devices are currently detected. It's just a branding exercise by Intel (and makes people think Intel is being good because of updatedness, but in fact it's 'pointless'). However, there is a small 'benefit' per se, it's fun? to do so?...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  2. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GA-980TIXE/
    I will install them just for the fun of it. :) & thanks for posting the link.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    It's because when it 'installs' the devices it reinitialises connected devices, like I said in the first post. They are null drivers, they literally only just changes the version and date.

Think of it this way, the connected devices to the PCI-E ports are like devices plugged into the power point. Turn off the power point (the device turns off and on during rebrand), the connected device turns off. I've quoted some of the inf's in the past showing no payload, and that Intel even says in the inf's that they are null drivers.

The IMEI and proper AHCI drivers are actual real drivers.

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    You beat me to posting this.... or did I and did you edit my post?

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    About the drivers being null and the connectiveness reinitialisation, or the drivers themselves? In either case, I bet you to it!

7. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti