New ideas for ATI Tray Tools

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by Ray Adams, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Lets post here any ideas for impoving ATI Tray Tools.

2. Richard_Noggin

Richard_Noggin Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GT 512MB
    a write up for what all the tweaks do so lazy people dont have to use google.

3. Soulj@

Soulj@ New Member

GPU:
    Hercules Radeon 9800PRO with Zalman Alcu heatsink
    Hy there me again ;-) I realy hope that you are doing something about my past suggestion. And i have some new to tell you. It would be wery nice if you would be able to change on screen display color because white can sometimes be wery hard to see especialy on bright background in some games

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I will think about it. But it will be per application settings. Like OSD offset

5. Mike89

Mike89 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    I am happy as a clam using your ATT. I have done away with the ATI control panel altogether. I just use the drivers with ATT. It's all I need. Your game profiles implementation rocks. Now when ATI does away with their regular control panel (I hate the CCC), it won't affect me one bit. Keep up the good work Ray!

6. Pastynator

Pastynator New Member

I know this feature was supposed to be in att already... but right clicking on a shortcut or .exe to make an att shortcut to a game (ive still not managed to get a hint of this function working in att, it just doesnt appear) But even if it did work, the current process is too long and drawn out. Its a pain creating a profile to be stored in att and then applying that profile to the shortcut...
    Cant something like radlinker be incorporated where the modified settings to be changed for that game are stored in the shortcut file? and when u right click on the shortcut to make the file, the 3d options to change come up immediately, no profiles to make first or anything. Also... the option for a video mode restart before and after execution of the shortcut (some games dont like the instant application of settings as they're starting) I know att has the option of the old method of applying the settings... but again its a lot of hassle going into the menus to change it when it could be on the game shortcut...

:)

7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    No needs in shortcuts at all. Just register game executable in ATT and start you game from ANY locations! Also you can set per application 3D settings not just set which 3D profile to load. Also ATT has shell intergation which you can use to quick access profile options or to create new profile. Right click on .exe file and you must see ATI Tray Tools submenu. If you don't have (in case you use third party drivers) you can register it manualy. Start->Run..
    then type this
    regsvr32.exe "c:\program files..... here you must put full path to ATT installation folder\attext.dll"
    Do not forget about quotation marks !

8. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    And for all :)
    ATT is not RadLinker and never will be like it. So do not ask me to implement some of RadLinker functionality into ATT

9. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I don't understand you. There are should be no problem with new Apply 3D settings mode because Control Panel use the same method.

10. Pastynator

Pastynator New Member

gta3 and grand theft auto vice city crashes instantly on run for me everytime if i use an att shortcut to apply AA settings, but if i just enable AA manually in ATT beforehand they both run fine (have just completed the whole of gta vc and no crashes with this method).

RE: the game .exe detection method to apply settings..... Lots of people use different detail settings for the single player element of a game and the online multiplayer element of a game when more fps is required sometimes. Thus making this profile method quite a pain. I know i never have more than 2x AA if any at all when playing online, to avoid any possible hitches or pauses

11. Pastynator

Pastynator New Member

I suggested the video mode reset option solely as a way of delaying the execution of the game slightly after the display options are applied. As thats what seems to crash gta for me

12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I have all GTA games on my computer and have no problems with it. Try to delete shortcut and run game from start menu

13. Mike89

Mike89 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    I have no problems whatsoever with ANY game profiles using ATT. It's the simplest profile setup I have ever seen, much easier than using ATI's CCC and I hope it's left just the way it is.

I've mixed up many settings for different games, different overclocks, all work perfectly. And believe me, I have LOTS of games (including Vice City).

I have seen that instance where right clicking on a game exe and the ATT is not present in the options to set up the profile. As Ray stated, this happens with some third party drivers that have ATT included (like Omega). Simply install the stand alone ATT (put it where the third party drivers put it) and you will now have that option. That's the way I did it when I installed the Omega drivers and had that issue. I have since chucked the Omega drivers and now just use the standard ATI drivers without either of their control panels and use ATT instead. As I already stated, it's the best combination I've had yet. Every setting I could possibly want, no bloat, no net framework, and fast!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2005
  14. GoNzOTW

GoNzOTW Member

GPU:
    Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB
    The best idea I can think of for ATT, is a tooltip explaining the function of each of the settings, and maybe a recomended setting also.

15. Erroneus

Erroneus Guest

GPU:
    RX580 Nitro+
    A combined log, showing temps, speed, profile switch, auto 3d/2d on/off aso.

AtiTool has it, and it's actually quite nice to have all the info in one log file, which makes it much easier to locate problems. eg. heat problems.

A option to set a max overclock limit in MHz.

Show version info of plugins in "Run time Plug-ins" window

Option to change colour of HDD Temperature plugin in tray, make it look like the temps showing for GPU and Enviroment.

And as mentioned from others, tooltips and explanations on the tweaks.

16. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    ATT has log file in Monirtoring Graphs can log ANY Monitoring sources.
    No need in 3D settings to be logged? For what?

Tooltips! - Guyz! ATI Tray Tools has context sensitive HELP for all options! Try to hit F1 ! :)

Yes, this will be useful.

17. MIXXX

MIXXX Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3070ti GTX 8GB
    I will try this program Ray for the first time, so I will report back shortly. Sounds like a great tool. I agree CCC is so bloated and a litle slow to iniate startup, so I will see.

Later.

18. Erroneus

Erroneus Guest

GPU:
    RX580 Nitro+
    Yeah but it only logs when the Monitoring Graph window is open, it would be nice if it could log all the time and by using a custom interval, eg. 10 sec.

This way you can check your log if something went wrong, when playing a game.

Remember errors often occour when you don't expect them :)

Updated to v720, now there is a ? option, thanks :)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2005
  19. r0k0

r0k0 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    Ray Adams when i press to find maxmem and maxcore it took 6 hours to find them and when i went to play i got alot of artifacts? now i put a new cooler on but didnt try it again! so if you can help me further in this it would be awesome.

thx man for this cool software but didnt found out how to fully work it lol

20. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    How I can help you with it? :)