New Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling driver is coming?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by D1stRU3T0R, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    GCN is never getting HAGS.

DanielRX likes this.
  2. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 270X
  3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Thats cool you have it enabled, but is it actually working? Or have you forced it with a reg edit?

I have uninstalled these new drivers from WU as they seem to be pretty much alpha build rather than a beta. They give terrible performance, once I enable the AMD OSD monitoring tool inside any game it locked that game at 60fps and GPU clocks become stuck at 0-1.2GHz and nothing higher.

Rolled back to 20.3.1 (still on insider Windows build) and everything works perfectly fine now. Back to 100-144fps in RDR2 rather than a stuttery 60fps.

4. Nord_Sir

Nord_Sir New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT/8GB
    [​IMG]

Apparently, it's not available for me for some reason on Windows 10 DEV insider branch. Also, when I go to the windows graphics settings panel, there is no option to enable HAGS.

5. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    You want beta insider not dev mate

6. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    And here we go again :rolleyes:

7. Nord_Sir

Nord_Sir New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT/8GB
    Okay, thanks.

Passus likes this.
  8. Nord_Sir

Nord_Sir New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT/8GB
    I thought I read the whole thread, I missed this statement.

Well, all right then. Didn't realize that a slower build trumps a newer build. Sorry about that.

9. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII 16 GB
    Dont get it either, I was on dev, changed to beta, but get an older non HAGS driver :(

10. SirAndr3w

SirAndr3w New Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    How to enable it? Im on latest 21.3.2 and windows 10 beta channel but there is no option for that

11. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    Have to use the driver from Windows Update.

12. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII 16 GB
    Hmm, if guess if you've got allready a dev build, you can't go right back to a beta build and so HAGS keeps disabled?

Also I got another WU driver, 27.20.21001.7005, I'm on dev. build 21.337 (I changed to beta build, so I guess I've to wait if a beta build exceeds/is newer, to get HAGS)?

I also don't know how this 27.20.21001.7005 number compares to 21.3.2.....But I got the Skyrim enb CTD now, so I guess it's at least 21.3.1 when the Skyrim enb bug was introduced and it's here to stay I guess, because 21.3.2. has it still...

Why dev builds, who are expected the most newest, don't have HAGS, is beyond me...

13. DmitryKo

DmitryKo Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 5700 XT TUF
    These drivers report "experimental" HAGS support in Insider Preview builds using WDDM 2.9 caps (D3DKMT_WDDM_2_9_CAPS structure in latest Insider Preview SDK/WDK), not "stable" (mainstream) support. This is probably the reason why no user-facing controls are shown in System - Display - Graphics setting. In spite of this, HAGS was silently enabled in some 213xx dev builds with these drivers, but latest dev builds do not enable it anymore.

DXDiag text report (Save All button) reports WDDM 2.9 caps correctly, so I suggest you to raise an issue in the GPU-Z forum and ask them to implement a query for 2.9 caps in Insider Preview builds.

[edit]In release builds 1904x (20H1, 20H2, 21H1) the driver would simply report 'supported' using WDDM 2.7 caps, so HAGS should work fine there.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021 at 8:11 PM
    Espionage724, Fox2232 and Krteq like this.
  14. Kuss

Kuss Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire N 5700tx
    Dont Offer him Just get IT :p

15. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    There is no point to use HAGS now, it does not bring any noticeable improvements, but work to get it in better shape is still going on.

GSDragoon and DanielRX like this.