New GTX 1060 and error code 43 on WIN 10

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Swagata, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Swagata

Swagata Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    I bought a Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1060 6GB 9GBPS Edition today. Installed it and the driver. But I see the error code 43 in device manager saying the device reported problem and cant run nvidia control panel (nothing happens when i click). But the driver does get installed. So, far Ive tried updating the BIOS, reinstalling the driver; removing previous intel driver using DDU, clearing cmos and static charge. But no luck. Pc runs fine with mobo intel graphics. I fresh installed win 10 with updates and still same problem. But with this gpu; during boot and mobo logo; the logo is a bit distorted and there r flickering blue lines which r present in windows too. I guess thats a hardware problem ? What can I do ? RMA wont be easy. They had this single one of this card and the shop is far away.. What can I do ?

2. GIBF4

GIBF4 Active Member

PSU too low capacity?
    Last week I installed a Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB WINDFORCE OC and I have 450w, which is basically just, (but only just) enough.

3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Check for latest motherboard bios, pull card out and blow dust out of pci-e socket and retry. Check to see if there's any known problems with your card and your PCs Win10 build. Test on another PC.

RMA if it all fails asap.

4. Swagata

Swagata Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    its a 700w cooler master psu. I don't think its the issue.

5. Swagata

Swagata Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    I updated the bios to latest. ill try the dust thing though. the pcie slot has not been used for about 1 year

6. Swagata

Swagata Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    yes I have, 390,388 and 376. none work. with the gpu, the mobo logo at startup is weird, blue lines there, uefi bios is at 800 600 resolution all before windows is loaded. is it possible the card is faulty ?

7. dani_tx

dani_tx Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    OP it's just a guess but see if you can disable the Intel GPU in BIOS,DDU the driver and reinstall it.