New GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by gridiron whirlw, Jan 1, 2022.

1. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
    nice, my wife has a 6800xt in hers, id have preferred dlss and such for her.

2. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + CX OLED
    Hey fellow Guru. I wouldn't count laptops out completely. There are some amazing laptops out there with great visuals and performance. I understand you prefer the desktop. I hear ya. Try to be open for a portable PC gaming solution and utilize the HDMI out if you're trying to save a few bucks. You might be pleasantly surprised. ;)

Undying likes this.
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I never thought we would recommend gaming laptops around here.

Crazy times. :D

4. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + CX OLED
    @Undying Yes fellow Guru they are. Hopefully we will see a huge change in 2023. I must admit I'm still worried. Not just for the PC market but markets overall worldwide.

@gridiron whirlw Some computer retailers will let you prepay at MSRP or slightly above but, you will have to wait for your parts. It operates as a first come first serve basis. Some people finally got there 3080 but it took 3-6 months.

Undying likes this.

5. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    Let me ask you guys this....i have been playing a few games from 2010 and my rig has been running them great, even able to upsample a little.

what would be a good video card to upgrade to from MSI GTX 570.

I understand that it will not be the best but maybe still I can get a decent GPU upgrade and not break the bank.

Maybe an RX570 ?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022