New Games added to the DLSS List incl Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    NVIDIA announced that 4 new games support NVIDIA DLSS and are seeing substantial boosts in frame rates while generating beautiful, crisp game images. These games are in addition to Minecraft with RTX ...

New Games added to the DLSS List incl Cyberpunk 2077

2. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Wow.... I think I'm going to be A-OK not upgrading this year.

That performance for Cyberpunk @ 4KRT is terrible without DLSS.

No CPU, no GPU, crazy prices = I'm going to wait for the Game of the Year edition.

ceesay likes this.
  3. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    So Tomshardware tests were really close to this results even with DRM perf hit.... I am scared.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  4. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Wait: a 2080Ti gets 13.4 FPS at 4k? Can I assume around 53.6 FPS at 1080p? Omg!
    I was going to wait before playing this game anyway, but damn!
    I'll wait for the GOTY, by that time I probably have a new CPU+GPU.

5. Abd0

Abd0 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060 6GB
    I thought this game was DRM-free!!!!

anyway, according to these numbers AMD is in big trouble with no DLSS alternative.
    and please note that these are the "Performance Mode" numbers, not the "Quality Mode" ones.

6. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Damn, So I could barely get 4K50fps with DLSS ON + RTX ON with OC both on GPU and CPU.. something tells me this game is still not optimized yet. Or is the Nvidia drivers that are not optimized? Hmm the RTX performance hit is just too huge, either we don't have enough RTX cores or the games are not that optimized for raytracing yet. Better to leave it off unless the quality difference is night and day and we want to game at 50-60fps at 4K. Maybe some settings are needed to be turned down to get sweet 60 with RTX + DLSS

7. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Just check Shroud and Cohhcarnage on Twitch right now. If i am not wrong they have 3080 and will be playing game on 1440p. (might be wrong) But you can get info from chat. HYPE is real...

edit : Here is Shrouds Video settings https://clips.twitch.tv/FancyInexpensiveMelonArgieB8 (It can be that Nvidia and/or CDPR gave him optimal settings for his GPU, he was reading other monitor for settings) (he said he will adjust/increase settings after seeing outer open city areas)

edit2: Shroud has RYZEN 5950x and a 3090 (use !specs in chat) ... + His new 1440p monitor.

edit3: Cohh is using 3080.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  8. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    @Hilbert Hagedoorn Can we expect a CP2077 review?
    *We know you're super busy these days boss and appreciate your hard work.

9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah, the way to play cyberpunk (and all other games) is rtx OFF !

10. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Game has no DRM at release. They used a kind of DRM for the possible leaks for Press/reviewers. https://twitter.com/GamersNexus/status/1336066826233651202?s=19

11. cpy2

cpy2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Ti 4600
    Yeah I was going to say the same about that DRM. Denuvo was used only on press releases so they won't leak the story. Full game will have no DRM at all. Because I would refund CP2077 if it had DRM.

12. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
  13. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I'm sure there's a couple things here and there you could turn down to substantially increase performance, without much of a visual quality loss. Such as ray tracing.

HandR likes this.
  14. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    But then what would be the point of using DLSS???

15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    For anyone whose GPU who still can't run the game at a reasonable framerate. I doubt raytracing is the only thing severely bogging down performance.
    Besides, DLSS will probably work better with raytracing off, since it has more accessibility to the tensor cores.

ceesay likes this.

16. moo100times

moo100times Master Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    Came here for the lolz. Was not disappointed.

17. Dribble

Dribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    I doubt raytracing just has an on/off toggle, there will be several levels of ray tracing so I think turning it down from high to medium for example is an option. Also DLSS works and still gives the huge fps boost with RT off.

18. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Whole lotta people wanting to turn off visual enhancements so they can get 60FPS.

CP2020 is a single player RPG. It's like people have suddenly forgotten how single player games work - people turning up graphics improvements on games like this even if it meant lower framerates used to be the norm (remember Crysis?). Now you have been trained to just accept new games with graphics from 2016 to get 200fps. Single player RPG games aren't twitch-based multiplayer shooters and don't don't need 200fps; heck, they don't need 60. If you want to play the game with everything turned down so you miss out on the atmosphere that is the games biggest selling point, that's your perogative. I'll be over here playing the game as the devs intended it to be played, with everything cranked and headphones on to block out the fan noise.

AlmondMan, Agonist and Denial like this.
  19. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Running the game with all the bells and whistles is the whole reason I got my 3080 although I'll be playing in 1440p so with dlss and raytracing on I should still get 65fps in quality mode according to these charts, I'm happy with that.

AlmondMan likes this.
  20. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Riiiiight... and everyone has an RTX 3090 or two lying around so we can all enjoy the game in its full glory without stuttering.

Check your privilege next time, eh?

mackintosh and DeskStar like this.