New Forums

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by TheCorp, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Looking good.

Just move PC Specs back to the right, that way we don't have super spaces between posts =) Seems like I'm scrolling forever.

Quick Reply box could be bigger too, with the ability to turn on/off the toolbar.

Along with moving the forum Jump which is at the very bottom now, move that to just above the quick Reply box.

I'm sure your still working on more/Other themes.

Apart from that, all seems good =)

2. -ToasT-

-ToasT- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670

You are noticing this because you came in late. If you were here earlier (check the times that people posted) you would notice a pattern: the forum is being constantly updated. It has changed a great deal in the last four hours.

3. SupaSiLa

SupaSiLa Banned

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT 256mb @ 430/1150 (Zm
    ive tried all these themes and they all lookalike.. can i get the old blue guru style back?

4. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    i like it more and more, the aria sand theme is absolutely brilliant, and it think the specs on the left side is better, it takes up less screen space.

is it perhaps possible to explain the reputation system a bit to me, for some reason i fail to understand it.

5. Web junkie

Web junkie Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X850 XT + Catalyst 5.11
    Was this forum change an impulse thing or for some technical reason?

I'm a bit of a luddite and loved the old 'blue' theme (as a few others have mentioned) the one with Guru Logo Center Top and the buttons above/below it, know the one? Hope it gets reinstated.

I mean i've had the same tiled desktop picture on my PC since 1996!! Please don't strip away what little bastion of sanity I have left :(

6. SupaSiLa

SupaSiLa Banned

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT 256mb @ 430/1150 (Zm
    was wondering if i can have a copy of the old blue guru theme so i can use on my forum.. is that posible?

7. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    How on earth do you figure that? It takes up more space than anything, it makes the posts longer, because now you have Avatar and other information ontop of the specs.

I still feel the whole layout is like running in 800x600 size, whereas before it was 1024x768.

That's just how it feels to me anyway, I think there's been a lot of spaces add, it's not quite compact, apart from that, everything seems to have worked well, and there's still quite a lot of work being done.

8. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    The old Guru3D blue theme was designed for vBulletin 2, thats why it cant be used with this new version, unless someone has time to convert it or port it to V3 then I dont think we'll see it, also I dont think you're using V2 of vBulletin, I mean come on its really old :rolleyes:.

Anways, I think you'll have to ask Ant for the rights to use that theme since he wrote it I think :).

9. Altazimuth

Altazimuth Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X 5870
    In some forums they have these tooltip type boxes that come up if you rest your mouse pointer on a thread header and you can see some if not all of the thread starters post in this little box without having to click on it - great for 56k'ers like me, can that be done here?

........ and where did 'invisible mode' go?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  10. Web junkie

Web junkie Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X850 XT + Catalyst 5.11
    No blue theme?

Guess I won't be visting Guru3D for along time then :(

Nothing personal, just hate the new look!

See ya!

11. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    The forums are still heavily being updated.

If your not that patient, then maybe you should leave =) Or learn to read.

12. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Oh, leaving because the site doesnt look nice to you? Weird.

Anyways, your loss:dave:

13. thewiseyoda

thewiseyoda Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800GT PCI-e
    for some reason i liked the old style somewhat better but i guess it will take some time to get used to.

14. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

i could port it to v3... but only if it had been exported to a VB theme file.... if not i can't

15. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

btw.. the aria sand although a nice theme.. is definitely not worthy of guru3d

16. Hiro1000

Hiro1000 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    I kind of liked the old style, this new one has its perks, and intelligent changes. Just ned time to make the change.

17. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Was the copyright always there? Hilbert must have gotten a little nostalgic (right word?) and proud to see his name there.

And i just noticed the quick style changer, great idea.

18. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Down the very bottom? Always been there.

Just not as noticeable if you were using the older skin.

19. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

but seriously, i've done converts from mybb rc4 to pr2 themes,.. that was a major jump in features... id get teh hang of VB theming pretty quick

20. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    I have to update my Firefox extension, as some links don't work now.

So two questions.

1. Are the new links (URL's), for the PM part etc. the ones going to be used from now on, or will they possibly change more/again soon ?.

2. Will the PM buddy feature be back or is that gone ?.

edit: Make that 3

3. Is the log out URL the same for every one ?. I see a "logouthash=" in the URL, is that a hash based on a cookie or something ?.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005