New Forceware Driver 56.55 (GAINWARD)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by cze_pek, Feb 15, 2004.

1. war59312

war59312 Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce GTX 470
    Don't know if anyone said this yes but just thougt i would.

For anyone who wants to get rid of the damn Anglong Display context menu on the desktop just delete this registy key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\NvCplDesktopContext

cya,
    Will

Last edited: Feb 18, 2004
  2. NeoFX

NeoFX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470 1280MB
    I would just like to state that Need For Speed Underground looks amazing with these drivers... 1280x1024 + max details and these drivers, OH silky smooth and I don't even need AA or AF!

3. @cid , thanks for the tip but still the same problem. i had to uninstall all the drivers again and go back to 53.04

4. ITOAO

ITOAO Member

GPU:
    PNY 8800GT
    Thanks I asked this question very early in the thread and i was hoping for an answer.
    Correction I asked a question similar.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2004

5. Kermit_the_frog

Kermit_the_frog Master Guru

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB
    Ok I broke down and tried them and I must say not bad at all , the punkbuster hard lock ups are GONE!!! was it just the drivers or the fact I updated to newest version of PB or a bit of both?

Ok gameplay was very nice looking over all a much better looking ET , NFSU was good fast and good looking, FIFA2004 great looking and smooth,Tony Hawk III very good looking and smooth, I am happy up to this point I will keep trying a few games and get back with more results.

So for now its a YES !!! THANK GOD PB is fixed for me at least :)

6. ITOAO

ITOAO Member

GPU:
    PNY 8800GT
    Ok now that i have coolbits. I have a quetion. How do i use the Profiles and Do i make them up or Are they stored somewhere. If they are stored somewhere. Where ?

7. hovo73

hovo73 Guest

Would these let me "Automatically Overclock" TI4200? The old rivers didn't have the "Auto Detect" button with my card. These seem to have "Auto Detect" button and "Auto Overclocking" radio button. So I was wandering if any one of those might work with TI4200. Also would these be worth the try with this card or should I continue sticking with 4x.xx drivers.

8. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    remove it.
    Zalman heatpipe is not compatiable with GF FX cards. The FX is too long to fit most heatpipes. and dosent transfer heat properly.

9. omeryounos

omeryounos Guest

The stuttering in NFSUG persists & seem to me more than 53.03. Also image sharpness has reduced.

10. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    Everything about the same as the 53.03's for me, I did notice a 1,000 point drop in AQ3 but my GFX score went up I think and my CPU score stayed the same, I am not sure what this means but every game seems to run better, Halo, SW Over Normandy, I will try more games tonight.

11. toastedham

toastedham Member

GPU:
    GV-3D1 Dual core 6600GT, 21 inch 1152x864X100X32
    I don't see the first thing about this driver in their forum!!

12. spitoon

spitoon Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce4 Ti4200 w/ Zalman 80C-HP (300/600)+FW7X.XX
    Initial impressions are good.

Uninstalled StarStorm 53.03's and then installed 56.55. Did a few quick 'performance improvers' (vsync, AA and AF off) and got about the same Aquamark score, around 23,300. Quickly tried a few games and I'm sure there is an improvement in FPS there as well. I think that is pretty good, considering these are raw, untweaked drivers.

13. WarheadMM

WarheadMM Master Guru

GPU:
    Asylum FX 5900NU
    actually it fits perfectly and it does transfer heat properly

14. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    can you post the pic of your card? I am actiually shocked to here that zalman can fit FX specially long 5900.
    I have seen the zalman heatpipe in action on sapphier 9800XT UE which was on showcase in local store and from what i have seen the linking pipe wont fir GF FX, its too short for GF FX and on zalman webpage they have clearly mentioned this.

15. WarheadMM

WarheadMM Master Guru

GPU:
    Asylum FX 5900NU

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. RES

RES Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290
    LOL

I've been waitin' for you, Frog, to try em. Knew you couldn't stand it much longer. I loaded em up, too, and played ET for a couple of hours today with no lock-up......woohoo!
    Thanx for being the guinea pig.

RES

:p

17. Kermit_the_frog

Kermit_the_frog Master Guru

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB
    hahahaaha yes I know I say I wont do the drivers thing anymore and I end up doing it anyways, and yes its nice to see we did get a fix for PB servers. As to the auto-overclocking when I tried mine is said 0 and 0 where best settings LMAO so just set it the way I like it which is 297 / 597 was always good for me , and as I stated before these drivers seem fine for me..

18. Roccer

Roccer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    can anyone recommend a passive heat solution for a 5800 ultra? would the zalman like what WarheadMM has work? i dont mind the fan on my 5800u, but i want to know if the option to silence the beast is out there :p

19. WarheadMM

WarheadMM Master Guru

GPU:
    Asylum FX 5900NU
    yes it will work

20. AMDude

AMDude Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce2 TI
    It seems that i have some real performance drop in Need For Speed: Underground, especially when i play online :(
    I really hope that it will be fixed in the next release, because i play very much this game. Maybe i'll go back to 53.06, those were great for this game ...