New Forceware 56.55!!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Xaero001, Feb 15, 2004.

1. ferrarif401

ferrarif401 Member

GPU:
    BFG TECH ASYLUM 5950 128 MB 520/1024
    hi all, i just tried out the new 56.55 drivers, even though they are beta, they have a pretty impressive increase in quality and performance, in 3d mark 03 i scored about 350 points better than before at my default speeds before i use to get 6034 now it's up around 6367, it's pretty nice, and ps 2.0 performance has increased, i hope there are no more of this optimization crap in these new sets

2. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Wow it works well for my geforce fx cards and my geforce 4 cards the auto clock feature did not work well though the games lagged so I do my manual overclock and clock speeds

3. Banditt33

Banditt33 Guest

Has anyone had any problems with Open GL I am stuck at 60fps in Nascar Racing 2k3 with OpenGL after updating to the 56.55s

4. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    sounds like VSync is turned on 60hz = 60fps

turn off Vsync

5. Banditt33

Banditt33 Guest

Its off in D3D ; but I cant find any settings for open GL

6. TheFoxyProxy

TheFoxyProxy Guest

probably the vertical sync settings

u can set it individually or globally with these new drivers (see "performance and Quality Settings" in advanced driver settings)

also ,are u running the monitor at default refresh (hence the max 60fps) ... u can change this in the driver panel also ,see settings ...

1 "change resolutions" and change the the 60hz setting to something higher (for desktop refresh rate)

2 "refresh override" ,here u can choose which refresh rate to set for each resolution (remember ur game resolutions prob differ from ur desktop resoltion) ,so remember to set these too

7. Slowrod

Slowrod Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6800GT
    Pretty nice drivers I must say, first forceware set that is actually worth using on a geforce 4 card (at least for me).

Just some #'s to toss out in comparision:

Driver version | Aquamark | Firestarter | X2-The Threat | FF 11 | 3dMark2k1

45.33 | 16,892 | 158.91 | 91.067 | 3,591 | 12,373

55.65 | 17,313 | 157.2 | 87.708 | 3.561 | 11,741

They're a tad slower than the trusty ol' 45.33's, but I thought they looked better. For me a slight quality upgrade for a performace downgrade is worth it anyday ;)

8. jmv

jmv Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5850 Black Edition
    I lost ~200 aquamarks, but i like the quality and the way it handles AA, that seems to work better. I'd love a starstorm version of these!!

9. thor1182

thor1182 Active Member

GPU:
    2x eVGA NV 6800 GT
    does anyone else have problems with JKJA with these? my colors are all messed up. I am using a modded verison of these to support the mobile cards.

10. NeoFX

NeoFX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470 1280MB
    I changed from the SS 53.03x drivers to these and so far other than a change in the "Quality and Performance" menu I haven't gotten any increases... Far Cry plays the same and the 2.0 Pixel Shaders look WORSE for me... There is almost no shine now and the textures only look good right up close rather than before when they looked "sexy" from pretty much any distance. I haven't changed any game settings, just to these drivers so I don't know if these will be staying...

11. Spuk0

Spuk0 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    P/C Vega 64 Devil
    IMO:

They suck, see my detailed description in the other 56.55 thread, but I'll wait for final conclusion with official release.

12. NeoFX

NeoFX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470 1280MB
    I just tried Call of Duty and Max Payne 2 (Actually finished MP2... addicting VERY well done SP game).

Both games had no noticable performance decrease but image quality was definately better! I still get a bit of flickering in COD on some textures tho :(

13. RES

RES Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290
    Is the Punkbuster server lockup issue with GeForce 4 cards still there?

RES

14. DeNMaN

DeNMaN Guest

yeah, i would love to know if the punkbuster problem is still their with these drivers, i must have SOF2 working on my gf4 4400

15. kelvinfang

kelvinfang Guest

no noticable gains or lost thou.. but i like the overclocking features. looks cool. haha

16. Advis

Advis Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600GT 128mb
    I can't believe it: playing c&C Generals with 55.65s at full detail settings + QxAA + 2xAF with no overclcocking runs perfect. Before I had to use overclocking to get decent CCG performance with the same details!

These drivers own!!!

17. WayneD

WayneD Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce4 Ti4600
    working fine

The 56.55 works well, but no auto overclock and no setting for counter strike.