New forceware 18x.xx modded by side

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by antoine, Nov 5, 2008.

1. antoine

antoine Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX260 v2
  2. Auka

Auka New Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTS (512mb)
    I wonder if I use this driver, I'd be able to run SLI with my D975XBX2 mobo? If not, can someone crack a driver which will let me do it? Thanks.

3. sideband

sideband Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    XP/Vista/Win7 version realeased.

Changes Vista/Win7:

- one driver for both os , only different inf for win7 in folder inf's

- support Riva Tuner

- wddm 1.1

4. Decon

Decon Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 460 SE
    These seem to work really well but the boot time is very long?? more than a minute whereas the 182.08's are in the 30 second range?

Really odd, ideas?
    Txs,
    Decon

5. EclipsedSky

EclipsedSky Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX 650/1566/2088
    Ur referring to winXP SP3 i assume from your profile? Same thing here (on a slower machine at that) and i have been bootin up quicker than almost anytime besides right after a fresh OS install lately. If sidebands drivers are anything, they r streamlined ;) Did you use any kind of driver cleaner to remove the previous drivers first? Perhaps its just the shuffle up of the boot routine thats not agreeing with you. Takes windows a few times to relearn how to run itself sometimes. Or maybe thats just how this version is gonna work for you... You never do know with nvidia's rapid-fire beta releasing habits,

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  6. Decon

Decon Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 460 SE
    Thanks,

Yes I use driver Sweeper and the approved cleaning methods every time. I change drivers like socks but both versions of this leave me wondering?

It shuts down very fast...seconds. It actually boots to the windows screen very fast then just before the desk top should show it hangs for a minute. Then all is good! How weird is that?

Ahh well! I will try several more boots and see if Windows "learns" but really isn't that like winning the "Lotto"?

Thanks! :thumbup:
    D

7. sideband

sideband Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    185.81 vista/win7 reuploaded , previous version is broken.

8. EclipsedSky

EclipsedSky Member

GPU:
    =P Or you can fix the odd's by installing the newly revised drivers on a fresh Win7 build. If u wanna see some immensely fast boot times, there's your answer.

I actually have noticed 1 issue with these drivers that I've never seen before. Im a big fan of the digital vibrance, whenever Install a new driver its the first setting I go change. But since installing these 185.81s everyone now n then after a reboot, DV will become completey disabled til it decides to work again after another random reboot later. Its a beta though so i guess its expected. Otherwise I still like them. The first 185.xx I can say that about.

9. sideband

sideband Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    In 185.68 dv broken???

10. EclipsedSky

EclipsedSky Member

GPU:
    No I dont believe so. But I only used 185.68 for a very short time. Perhaps 1 day maybe. Because 185.81 came out very shortly after I decided to bother trying the 185.68s. Im in process of doing another fresh install of ur 185.81s to see what happens. I have been having some other persistent stability issues with my computer overall that I cannot figure out as of yet. So its very possible that my machine broke the driver, not the other way around. Im just too lazy to go thru another complete fresh OS install right now. Ive already tried doing 1 for Win7RC but that totally failed cuz of my existing issues i suspent. Anyway.... so ya...

oh. I also forgot to mention. At the same times that DV would be broken, the physx applet would dissapear from the NV control panel. The windows CP applet was still there however and denoted that physx was still functioning... so i dunno

11. sideband

sideband Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    185.81 vista/win7 reuploaded , previous version is extremly broken - dv broken , physix broken , everything broken:grin:

12. EclipsedSky

EclipsedSky Member

GPU:
    Alright then I guess it WAS you that broke them and not my mighty Prescott CPU rigg here (who needs quad core??? Fear the HyperThreading!). Either way, the drivers are running fine so far since the clean install. As for the rest of my PC... Im clueless as to whats killing it. Lookin more n more like faulty hardware somewhere. I think its starting to circle the drain here. Getting to be a great great grandfather in computer years =/

13. antoine

antoine Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX260 v2
  14. Decon

Decon Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 460 SE
    Yes...broken. The 68's simply didn't work on my machine. Downloaded and installed the 81's and all is good again! Excellent set. Thanks. I'm back to booting in about 35-40 seconds and shutdown is less than 10. That's good stuff!

IQ is excellent. Speed and smoothness is wonderful. Try these!

Thanks Side, Antoine and EclipsedSky,
    Decon

15. Q6600

Q6600 Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF GTX 3080
    Hmmm I have made modded nVidia drivers for the last 4 plus years, and I can and do make the drivers a smaller download crap I striped one down and re-compressed to 15 mb before...............

And for those who think nobody making drivers anymore...........are not looking for them.

16. Decon

Decon Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 460 SE
    And you are?? You're more than welcome to start YOUR OWN thread and put you drivers where your talk is. Let's see what you've got! We can test them against Side's.

Fair? We'd all benefit. I have been with Omega then XG since their starts. Side puts out good stuff that's slim and trim and works.

Regards,
    D

17. sideband

sideband Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    XG drivers the best right?:grin:

18. t4ye

t4ye New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800gt SLI
    Side Owns all..... i personally use ver 180.84.. works best for me.

19. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    Side, what do you actually mod again in your drivers? I've got the original 185.81 drivers installed, just wanna know if yours are worth the un/install.

20. Decon

Decon Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 460 SE
    Try 'em and find out my man...only takes minutes in and out and....they're Free!

Good luck, I'll bet you like them....
    D