New Drivers??

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Brown Mist, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Display controller in Fiji is sensitive, that's all AMD's fault there is. But if you are heavily plagued by this, then it is rest of your hardware causing electric instability (including monitor) or very bad electrical grid.

Then your only solution is to return card and get nVidia's. That is if you do not mind getting Keplered.

2. Despoiler

Despoiler Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire TRI-X R9 Fury
    Yah so you might want to edit your previous statement to *some* Fury, because it's not even close to all.

3. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon VII
    I never saw the problem with my 6970 -- same monitor, same motherboard, same OS.

With the Nano I've had the problem three times today already.

4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I told you guys ''i hope this week'' ;)

5. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Why you have an r9 nano with phenom 2 cpu is beyond me.

6. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD6950 2GB
    Lots and lots of anti-aliasing? Maybe some supersampling to top it off. Plenty of headroom with that card!

7. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD6950 2GB
    Yeah, that's true, my friends and brother are the types that just want to set everything to max and are too lazy/busy/complacent/uninterested to tweak/test anything.

Sound advice, you got a good point there. Sometimes medium/high settings even look BETTER than max/ultra, lots of games have ultra settings just slapped on for the PC users at the last minute, effects that really strain the system but are often ugly, overdone and less finetuned than the normalized medium/high settings meant and tuned for consoles.

8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The majority of "ultra" settings on the pc lately, largely fall into the following categories:

1) Larger draw distances
    2) Higher resolution post-processing effects
    3) Higher resolution shadows
    4) Higher resolution textures (if you're lucky)

Of all these, the only ones that involve extra work are the textures, everything else is pretty much an engine slider.

What most people forget is that the artwork of each game is tailored around the hardware requirements of the target console, usually the Xbox One. That means that although there are going to be differences, even playing on console-equivalent low/medium settings, you get the game as it was intended.

9. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon VII
    Feel free to ask in the Nano thread if you are interested.

Meanwhile no screen corruption since installing 16.2.

10. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Exactly...
    The only major differences is when we have devs that actually work on something, like rise of the tomb raider that had tesslation or the division that actually have some nice effects on particles and illumination that is non-existent on the consoles.

Aside from that most games, is like you sayed, a slider. XD
    The only thing people with budget PCs like me have to do, is find more and less what settings consoles use, and use them (except resolution ofc and AF)