1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Drivers Release (Crysis demo) 169.01

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by morfeus02, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Matt4109

Matt4109 Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gts 512 @ 738/1890/1107
    All my games have driver crashes all the time with this driver, and now i have the same problem with earlier drivers as well. UT3 and Crysis and Wic are all getting driver crashes about every 5 min. help plz.

2. dboniuk

dboniuk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX980 Gaming 4096MB
    Strangely, it appears that the Shader Quality is tied into the AA settings. I noticed that when I switched to Medium Quality for Shaders, it turned off AA. If I set AA back on it switched my shaders to high.

Weird.

I finally decided to go high on everything, with only 2X AA and forced 16X AF, at 1680x1050. Gets me around 21FPS average.

DJB

3. LiQU!D

LiQU!D Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB XfireX
    This driver ****s me. I installed it because the plane was chugging along at something ridiculous like 5-10 fps on medium settings with my graphics card.

But it causes unbearable stuttering in Vista Windows Media Center on my TV Tuner. :mad:

4. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080 SLI
    So far, slightly faster in WoW, by like 5 fps. Getting 65 fps in Shatt, now instead of 60 fps. I am still I the process of reinstalling most of my games back into the computer, and will test the benchmarks later. Stupid key limit, refusing to let me reinstall Crysis MP. Wow, lol, running Single player at all high settings, no AA, barely above 30 fps, sometimes down to the teens.....

By the way, how do the people get more then 60 fps in UT3 if the 60 fps is on? How you guys take it off? I'm using fraps by the way.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007

5. LiQU!D

LiQU!D Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB XfireX
    In the nVidia settings force V-sync off.

6. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080 SLI

It's always on force off. Thanks, I'll reinstall the game and check later. So far I can only get more then 40 fps[sometimes 70 fps], but usually around 50-60fps. in medium setting on 1920X1200. Never drops below 40, but I played on easy level so, that might mean, not alot of enemies. Is the tree damage by machine gun, only on DX10? Because outside the gun on the hummer, my weapons can't do jack to the leaves or trees. I might have to try it on Vista later.

7. DeathDealer175

DeathDealer175 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX980ti
    3d mark score increased, crysis runs great but other games will not run.

WIC=black screen
    Timeshift demo=will not start up

Will reinstall games to see if that fixes it.

8. Chenumi

Chenumi Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070 FE
    These drivers are the best yet for Vista, 3DMark scores now of 9880 from 9500. However I cannot play 64bit Crysis as I just get a blackscreen.

9. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti FE
    I solved that problem by right clicking the 64bit exe and set it to run as Administrator :)

Hope it works for you m8 :)

10. bteamfox

bteamfox New Member

I have the same issue gone back to 163.69, (vista x64).

11. Louike

Louike Member

GPU:
    XFX 6950 1gb
    These drivers are big trouble for other programs i get stuttering movies in Vista Media Center and several other games that have FMV intro movies.......

Can someone please post a modified nvapps.xml for nHancer use?

Cheers

12. sputnik

sputnik Member

GPU:
    Saphire 8800gts
    I also have this problem. I've tried clean and install, new drivers but nothing...

q6600/8800gts/vista64

13. FuriousAngel

FuriousAngel Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX960 Gaming 2G
    Little update from me. These drivers about doubled my framerate in the UT2-Demo. Before I had medium settings (detail level 3) without postprocessing and got about 25-30fps in 1024x768. Now I can set them to maximum with postprocessing and get around 30-40fps (and never less than 25fps) in 1280x960. Just amazing.

Edit: Oops sorry... Vista Ultimate x64 here, and comparing with 163.75.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  14. H|lander

H|lander Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS

xp or vista? what a confusing thread for all of us that still using Xp sp2.

15. leftygof

leftygof Member

GPU:
    2XSLI GTX285,GTX260 PhysX
    Forcing 4x in CP and using the "high" settings or the highest availible (very high was greyed-out) in XP Home and the default SLI profile seemed to be working with the load balancing graph.

This is the first driver that allowed me to run Bioshock with High Detail Shaders enabled without random lockups (everything else maxed or turned on except Vsynch)

16. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Best drivers so far. I have fps increase in literally everything. These are definitely not Crysis only drivers.

17. hansje

hansje Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 980GTX OC
    Would be nice, I am using XP :)

Where do I find this nvapps.xml ??

Hans.

18. BarryB

BarryB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Not sure what's going on here! Tried all options on High, If I run upto something it LOOKS like AA is on, but if I step back far enough I see jaggies? AA is set to OFF in options, it WILL NOT stay on!! Tried 1280x1024 res but still no AA?? Also rolled back to 163.75 and same problem!

I feel like :bash: something!!!

19. saif

saif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    cant wait for some final release bug free

20. plguzman

plguzman Master Guru

GPU:
    Diamond 4870X2
    Awesome drivers. New 3dMark06 record for me. The boost in shader 3.0 is huge.