New drivers: Forceware 165.01 Recived from directly Nvidia Tech apartment

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by cmd, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Vulier

Vulier Member

GPU:
    eVGA 9600GT SSC / Acer 24" LCD
    Installed these over the 101.70 Vista x32 drivers. So far I'm impressed with the performance. Tested in Oblivion and things are much smoother and quicker; running max settings at 1680x1050. Tested both the opengl Adrianne and Frog demo and both crashed while trying to open. Cascades however opened without a hitch and is running much smoother than before. OpenGL issue? Great improvement with these drivers! Digital Vibrance still greyed out..

2. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    Has anyone tested these with G7x cards?

3. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Scaling options work, image sharpening and digital vibrance are grayed out.

4. ryousuke99

ryousuke99 New Member

nvm... read the how to section and did it myself ^^

5. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    hmm i uninstall these and i got black screen of death i had to reboot my pc in order to restart so i can install the old drivers back.

so far the best driver from what people say was 101.71 WHQL which has HDR + AA Support, which 165.01 has none only HDR

6. Lezziter

Lezziter Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX
    If you are the cmd I belive you are I'm going to kick your butt if your drivers ****s up my computer, I hope you know that..
    I also expect some decent performance increase in a bunch of very special games..

:)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Are these better than the 158.16's that we got yesterday.

8. homerpez

homerpez Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 3650 / 4890
    I wonder if this is where I'm going wrong here... 99% of the time, I will install newer drivers over older drivers, and things work fine... this time, not so much. I have tried Vista's "delete all driver files" feature, but that doesn't seem to do it for me either.

Weird thing is, even after a SYSTEM RESTORE... now suddenly flat panel scaling options are ENABLED on my HDTV! In 101.70! They were broken before... very, very, very weird. Oh, and color profiles crash the control panel instantly.

Seems not all is fixed with system restore, or with "delete all driver files".... what's this "driver cleaner" you speak of? Sounds like I'm one of the few to find these new ones to be hellish, maybe this is why... thanks!

9. elpirate1

elpirate1 Member

GPU:
    DUAL GALAXY 8800GT SLI
    ok so far installed these driver with bot of my gx2's installed. Pc is only showing 2 gpus in device manager and nvidia control panel will not open!!. Looking at my display properties it appears that 1 of the 7950gx2's seems to be running in sli as it shows the full 512bit and 1gb ram in display properties. Plus windows asked me to refresh my experience index score as it increased my 3d gaming graphics from 5.8 to 5.9. I have not yet enabled multi gpu configuration as I cannot access the control panel!! got a few more things im gonna try though....

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  10. rouvio

rouvio Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    no word from the Don yet..
    I guess this driver is another 'on the way to the one' thing..

11. heslo

heslo Member

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce GTX970
    Well these seem to crash C&C3 for me, can't even start the game, just CTD. Anyone have this problem?

12. Lion heart

Lion heart Member

Installed them on my GF 7600 GT and seem to work fine for now.

I think these are just a step to the official ones, which probably will be announced some time later.

13. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    G73 here.

Around the same FPS in GRAW2 compared to 158.16s, which was a 7-10 FPS step up from 101.02s

I guess this is making up for nVidia's lack of drivers.

I'm glad to hear a lot of problems were fixed within the last couple of releases--mainly the CSS fog bug and flat panel scaling for the 8XXX's

14. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=67799

15. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Ok ive installed these early this morning and left world of warcraft running while i was out and it looks like the TDR errors are gone first stable drivers for vista for me since 97.xx

16. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    What OS are you running by the way?

If you have Vista x64 laying around could you test that, previous drivers didn't work with 4Gb of RAM and Vista x64, just wondering if this is fixed.

17. SUD@RAZ

SUD@RAZ Active Member

GPU:
    two 4870 crossfire-x h2o
    All I Need To Know Does This Driver Fix The
    Nvlddmkm Stop Error ????
    Please Some One Tell Me If It Does Or Is The Error
    Still Going On!!!

18. myzar

myzar Member

GPU:
    Geforce 7600gt AGP
    C&C3 crashes for me too, bugger because these drivers seems good :(

19. G-Man

G-Man Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    vista x86 works alright so far.... computer still running nfsc works altight apart from it just crashed but i dont think that was because of the driver... and nfs did seem smoother

20. MacBooom

MacBooom Member Guru

GPU:
    8800 GTS 320 stock
    can confirm this,
    running on XP 32 bit
    Nhancer 222

the only problem to the fix is, that if you would like to use something in the NVidiaCP, the file corrupted is.

if you take a look in NvidiaCP without the fix you will see that in gameprofiles is 1 change and new addition, "alternate framerendering 1 & 2"

quess that is causing the error with Nhancer 222, if i delete the nvapps of the new driver and put a copy back with Nhancer of a old driver, TDU gets very slow in fps, was runing AA16 and AF16 and some tweaks set to on.
    when i want to run this with the backup copy, i only get about of 25 fps.

if i run with the new driver files (unmodded and no Nhancer stuff) i get ingame with 4XAA, almost 50 FPS, and that was way lower with the 101.02 and also with the 158.16.

if i would have runn my Nhancer settings(16AA in combined mode and 16AF)and with 101.02 and 156.18, i had TDU running between 45 and 50 fps.

so quess we need a new build of Nhancer for this set to get is optimal tweaked again,

for the rest, driver runs great on XP 32bit