New drivers: Forceware 165.01 Recived from directly Nvidia Tech apartment

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by cmd, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    Can someone please confirm/deny that SLI is working in Vista 64bit with 4Gb of RAM installed while using a 7xxx card (we know 8800's work ok)

No drivers so far allow SLI in this configuration, I badly want to know if it's fixed, thanks.

2. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    I've yet to install nhancer 2.2.2, but 2.2.1 is borked with these drivers - it crashes with the error "Error reading XML file 'C:\Windows\system32\nvapps.xml': There is an error in XML document (2483, 61)."

Which is a bitch cos I forgot to back up my xml file :bang:

running XP btw

[EDIT]fixed; anyone with the same problem do this:- delete or rename nvapps.xml then start nhancer, it will prompt you to restore from it's auto-backup (wow never even knew it stored these settings, thought it was all in the xml lol)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  3. ridesy

ridesy Active Member

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX 285
    Guys,

Please when you are posting your findings, CAN YOU TELL US WHAT OS, you have used!!!???

As at the moment reading this thread it is imposible to know if you have loaded and tested in XP32, Vista 32 or Vista 64 (for most posts).

I have dual boot XP32 and Vista 64 and would like to know when reading posts if someoen has good or bad reports on the OS's I am planning to install for.

I put 158.16 on last night for XP 32 and was waiting today for the leaked 158.14 for Vista, but if these are newer and faster I'd love to install in both OS.

So please post which OS you are running when you advise results, as these drivers spread over three!

Ridesy

4. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    158.16?

Im seeing alot bluescreens. And first run in CSS was crap.

EDIT im testing vista 64bit

EDIT2 my first install went fubar but i reinstalled and deleted abunch of driver releated stuff, now CSS runs great and no fog bug.

5. homerpez

homerpez Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 3650 / 4890
    Hmm.... I thought this would be sorta like Christmas morning (early or late)... seems more like the U.S. tax filing deadline it actually is today.

Trying these on x86 Vista... already found my first bug.

The color settings (Gamma) that didn't work totally right in 101.70, are now completely shot.

With 101.70, I could at least install with the gamma for my display at 25%, and it would forever be stuck like that, I only had to adjust for my SECONDARY display (HDTV) that was always stuck with gamma at 25% when I wanted 50%. (basically, it wouldn't keep new settings, only the one I'd set in a previous driver version long ago).

Now, it boots with the 25% gamma setting set for my main display, but it doesn't actually take. I have to go into to control panel, click anywhere on the slider, THEN it takes with the proper gamma.

Not even to games yet... but this is an awful sign.

6. rouvio

rouvio Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    No proper dual screen support - AGAIN !!!
    3dmark06 game me a ctd - "Fault Module Name: d3dx9_28.dll"

I tried to reinstall Directx from MS's site, but it says I already have the latest edition and does nothing.

OH MAN.. :cops::cops:

7. cmd

cmd New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTX 768 MB
    I have no problems with these drivers, all run smoothly but the rest of my system is kinda solid and stable, maybe man of you have some unstable systems overall? using alot of different hardware that may not fit togheter etc.

8. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    ok i ran x64 version of vista driver from nvidia and it seem all the games are running now at 95% of speed. rainbow six vegas is now playable very very much now better then xp. HDR + AA idk
    [​IMG]

it seem driver 100.65 WHQL all my games run smooth but at cost of speed but now all my games run fast as hell but i am now getting a little tear but hey i am happy now and still no shadow in jade empire. no HDR + AA : ( but even with HDR + AA in overwrite mode u can see a little bit of aa but not in the wall odd eh lol. also vista seem more fast and smooth now lol

9. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Anyone try these in Xp x64.... i went back to this to compare for a few days.....

10. homerpez

homerpez Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 3650 / 4890
    UGH... I'm making a swift return to 101.70 with the help of System Restore. These drivers, for me at least, are a nightmare.

They clearly broke basic functions in this one, the desktop color settings simply do not stick anymore, profiles do not load properly, and the control proggy itself is making my system crawl to a halt. This is a deal-breaker right there... I thought they were CONCENTRATING on BASIC FUNCTIONS in VISTA???? Seems, not really.

Not to mention, my HDTV plugged in via DVI -> HDMI is now no longer detected as an HDTV at all, but as another monitor. No HDTV controls available. I was hoping they'd bring BACK those TV adjustment functions, instead they took the couple they had OUT. Double UGH.

I'm not even going to try any games on this version, I'm so disgusted. Gonna wait for a later, more stable version. :behead:

11. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    Anyone started own CSS server, testing with bots ? In 100.65 bots only would "stutter", jerky moves, but all following forceware versions make play completely stuttering. CSS VST=210fps (12x10 4xAA 8xAF full HDR)

Vegas + AA worked with 101.70 (edit: ALSO :) )

Still fan at 60% I guess, idle temp dropped 2C though.

Most important for me: Adjustable fan..then performance...oc 3rd place.

12. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    XP32:

No stability issues as yet, although I did get some desktop artifacting immediately after first boot but I haven't seen it again.

fps seem slightly up from 101.02 but it just doesn't seem as smooth, think I might go back to 101.02...

3dm06 up 50ish points, X3 Reunion up 3fps, TDU plays worse on these :(

13. G-Man

G-Man Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    i think he meant it was your first post/ newly registered user..... didnt mean to say anythiong about your knowledge of computers

14. bobekk

bobekk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 VENTUS 3X
    this is madness this is...hmmm

how can it be? Here where i live its getting hot+still drivers dont have automatic fan control=wtf this is basic function no? Im using Rivatuner to auto control my fan but hey...-_- aawwhhh

we already jump a few numbers in drv rls but still major functions dont work.
    Btw i get it good? When they FIX that fan = mean it will automate go to 100% of cycle on higher temps right?

15. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    I think everyone is going to have to delete all previous install files, a good way is to uninstall from device manager and tell it to delete driver software too. Then go in safe mode and run driver cleaner.

Just uninstalling from programs in control panel made my system very unstable but after doing this its so so much better!

EDIT yep im having no more problems :) I thought it was strange that after a new install my control panel still had my old settings :p

16. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    no HDR in COJ or Far Cry or Rainbow Six Vegas even with overwrite 16x on.

17. rouvio

rouvio Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    3dmark06 + vista x64 = +80

18. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    Can someone please report back on SLI in vista 64bit, specifically the 4gb RAM problem, thx

19. DYNOMO

DYNOMO Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    Xp 3dmark06 = 8012
    Vista 64 = 7682.

Overall Vista 64 bench has improved abit. But still not up to xp standards.

GTR-2 still wont work under vista 64

20. ryousuke99

ryousuke99 New Member

does anyone have the modded inf so i can install it on a gf go 7400 / 1360x768 res?

thanks