New Drivers 13-Oct!!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by GamingArena, Oct 13, 2009.

1. randomizer

randomizer Master Guru

GPU:
    5600 xt Gaming OC
    thanks for rapidshare links:)

2. blackfloyd

blackfloyd Member

GPU:
    GTX 580
    Does anybody have problem with rivatuner with 9.11 betas? After 9.11 rivatuner shows wrong info about second gpu in idle. It shows that second gpu is in %100 usage and core clock is in 3D clocks, but it isn't. It shows the termal readings right and no problem with the first gpu's info.

3. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    There is no need to be rude.
    I suggested you that, because seems like nobody had the game or the time to try it.

4. nytevizion

nytevizion Member

GPU:
    MSI Vega 56
    Don't sweat it Merola, someone must have pissed in his cereal. I didn't see anything wrong with what you posted. Not everyone that reads through these threads has a photographic memory. We need to be reminded what was said most of the time. Shut the hell up, was just not warranted here.

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    actually when i first read mero's post it did come across as cheeky. but then looking again I realised it was harmless and merely a suggestion. although most of the time when someone says this it implies someone is being lazy.

never jump to conclusions...:)

6. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX

Lol, thank you both
    I suggested that because he maybe was loosing time.
    I didn't remembered what he wrote. :bang:
    If i have the game, i will try it, to help him. But i don't have it.
    Oh well.

Thanks again

7. lenne

lenne Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 GTX Gainward
    I have exactly the same problem, anyone ????

found out ccc is showing second core 0 / 0 if this really works i love it, but i dont have a wall power meter, so i cant really check it !
    Me was waiting for this feature for ages !!!!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  8. KingDazza

KingDazza Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    My HD5870 worked fine in Vista 64 with all the games I threw at it. Since installing Windows 7 retail Ultimate 64, DiRT crashes when entering any race, GRID flies and then momentarily freezes for a split second and Empire gets split second freezes after about 5 to 10mins into a battle. GTA IV works superbly, as does Crysis in 32bit mode DX10 and NFS Shift runs just as well as Vista i.e OK, but shows signs of optimisation needed.

One last strange thing is that my Win 7 score wont read anything other than a 6.0 for Graphics and Aero score in the Experience Index. I'd expect to be getting into the 7.9 area.

This is with all available drivers for the HD5870 at the moment available including the 2 sets here. All have been installed with safe mode driver sweep before hand. If I go back to Vista, issues are gone.

Any suggestions?

9. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    so u def tried the 9.11 betas and u use driver sweeper and ati uninstall drivers from setup?

am using the 9.11 betas and ETW runs fine. but not def not perfect as there is a bit of unit lag. strangely medwar2 kingdoms is perfect. i think it's a driver issue. still the game is running pretty well.

i just installed tomb raider underworls and was blown away with the graphics until i got to a part where my fps would drop from 120 or so to 15fps. is very strange.

cod w@w/op fp2/champions online all fly.

did u format hard drives when changing os?

i did a fresh install when changing nvidia to ati and also use drivers sweeper a lot.

10. KingDazza

KingDazza Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    So you are running Win 7 retail?

Thanks for the suggestions. But it was installed fresh, on new formatted hd. No other GPU's before hand. Driver sweeper on every change of driver. Running 9.11's. Tried them all though.

No issues at all with blu ray play back, visual data corruption etc. I even tried disabling all cpu overclocks, sound card etc. This is definitely squarely resting with the ATi GPU it would seem and its drivers. I cant think of anything else to try. Though maybe try a couple of other settings in CCC...

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Did you apply patch 1.1 yet ?

12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    well i downloaded from steam so i thought steam would update latest patches. i just checked in the update list and all it mentions is latest update 2008 december.

gonna check in-game now.

just checked couldnt find any mention of which version i have...so it looks like i havent got patch 1.1. isnt steam meant to do that?

http://news.bigdownload.com/2008/12/17/download-tomb-raider-underworld-v1-1-patch/

seems like patch 1.1 is from december...

"Issue with door lever at Kraken room entrance"

could be this is where i get a massive fps drop. there's a door and some pressure pads and when i step on them fps goes to hell. (its right nr the start after u swim and use the three keys).

(yeah i think it was the kraken door because now i can see the kraken. just did the door and no fps issues.)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  13. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Anyone noticed if the stuttering in FC2 Dx10 is fixed with this set? It sucks getting 60 fps and having to cap it at 45 just for it to run stutter free.

14. klanjsek

klanjsek Active Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 5870 900/1250

i did ...it seems fixed. running smoothly @60fps (v-sync on) - no stutter.

running on win7/64 bit, 9.11 beta.

15. KingDazza

KingDazza Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Yep FC2 running fine for me too. Even more reinforces that my other issues are purely driver related.

Chop, chop then ATi :)

16. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    FC2 stutter is still there for me; just tested. Stutter is only there when fps dip below refresh rate, which is why when it is capped at 45 it runs stutter free but not as smooth when running at 60 fps. With the 5870 it likely never goes below 60 fps with maxed settings. I’m going to test by putting in another 4890, or perhaps 5870.

17. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    why not run without v-sync?

18. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Because then I have stuttering and tearing.

19. KingDazza

KingDazza Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Yeah I'm of the vsync is a must camp personally.

20. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Yup vsync 60hz all the way.