New driver Overwatch issues (?)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BlackNova92, Oct 1, 2020.

1. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Active Member

GPU:
    16gb
    Just a question, I wasn't on my pc for I think 3 days, using the newest driver and the game worked fine, but then I had to download the newest patch and that broke the game for many people.
    Long initial startup, assets are not being loaded or take as long to load until the game is already over, and you don't see hero models whatsoever.

A mod said it's driver related and obviously I was asking, how can that be, I used the same driver for a while without these problems?

I'm just here to ask if any of you who play the game has the problem and maybe even knows how to fix this issue.

I would really appreciate some support because you can't expect help from blizzard.

Thank you guys as always

2. janos666

janos666 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2060 6Gb
    This is unlikely (especially in this case) but sometimes a game update needs a complementary driver update. This is fairly trivial in case of new features getting introduced in games with new updates (like DLSS, RTX, Reflex, etc) but could also happen with seamless changes. A trivial theoretical example is when the driver introduces a workaround to fix a game bug and then the game developer changes the related behavior to fix the original issue but the driver still applies the old workaround, making the end result even more broken than it originally was.

So, I would try to jump to the latest driver (or the previous one if you are currently on the latest) and run a verification on the game files (if the content manager client offers such functionality).

3. BlackNova92

GPU:
    16gb
    I've tried both drivers for the 30 series cards and it made no difference on the latest, I usually verify my game once before I start playing every time, so the only thing I can try to use an older one.
    Do you know the best driver, with the least amount issues by any chance?
    I forgot the driver number I've used before I updated to the 2 newest ones..

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    delete the casc files and redownload.

5. BlackNova92

GPU:
    16gb
    Casc Files?

6. BlackNova92

GPU:
    16gb
    nvm i know what you mean now, but the thing is it wouldn't make a difference because i've downloaded the whole game prolly around 3 times now.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its definitely just the game then,

blizzard can't do anything right, and their moderators aren't really aware of what devs are working on.

8. BlackNova92

GPU:
    16gb
    yeah i thought so, it's just really frustrating when they blame the user instead of themselves for literally messing up big time.

9. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you share a link where other users are reporting this issue? Is this limited to users on NVIDIA cards?