new driver by nvidia 266.35

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mypc, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Dunno but I'm still getting 80-100fps in PR, so doesn't really bother me either way...

2. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Thanks guys.
    Well dirt2 still run crap, BO sli gpu usage is gay,nfshp forced AA halves performance.
    Screw this im pissed.

3. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Hum I tried the Dead Space thing in Inspector and it's not working at all...

4. Bornakiller

Bornakiller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SLI
    Now This Is what I call HUGE update not the 10.12 :p

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Beta drivers aren't untested, they just aren't certified, and certified doesn't mean not broken.

The most famously broken drivers, the 197.45 which broke fan profiles on some cards and fried a few of them were WHQL.

Can anyone suggest what map to test BFBC2 on when i get home, as i have yet to see any low GPU usage problems with any of the recent drivers.

6. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    One problem, the 197.75's were indeed WHQL'd :) (Redemption beat me to it)

I would not say WHQL is better then Beta, but I would say there is no difference between the two in the end.
    As for me, GPU usage is fine still in BC2 (98-99%), so kinda a more stable 266.44's in my experience. I like.

7. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Im tempted to say get a decent gfx card.

Why do you expect a new game like NFSHP with forced AA not to massively cut performance on a very dated GPU (by todays standard), if youve still got the card in ur sig that is ;)

Drivers can only do so much dude !!!

8. DM_777

DM_777 Master Guru

GPU:
    Winfast 9600GT & HD3870
    how about Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010 guys ???

is this driver increased the gpu usage for it ?

i only get about 30% GPU usage, and 20-25 FPS.

but on the menu and car selection, i can get 60% GPU usage and constant 60 FPS.

Edit : i meant using previous driver, and i'm asking if this driver increased the gpu usage on that game.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    i think your cpu is to weak, gpu to a little.

----
    197 didnt have fan problems, some 190, 195 and 196 did..

As for the driver, at least Mafia II doesn't lag on some corners like with 263.06,.. it stays at 60fps all the time, except if i turn on AA then it feels laggy like $hit - camera movement jitters and stutters if i look around even though im getting between 50-60fps.

dont be so sure dude!!

10. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Does everyone with low GPU usage still have dual cores though?

Despite what many of you just don't want to hear a quad core is used by many of these games... even my i7 with HT shows usage on more than 4 cores. Sure, a dual core can still play games but it's going to severely hinder the performance you will see. I've got a Q6600 @ 3.6 here and my i7 860 @ 4.0 and there is a huge difference in games between them - even the OC'd Q6600 seems choppy next to my 860. I couldn't even imagine going back to a dual core now, I'm sure it would be a miserable experience.

AMD has some really cheap quads now, times have changed and now its all about the amount of cores you have... time to step it up.

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Anyone can make Deadspace AA working? I cannot here. I smell bull**** so far.

12. mapel110

mapel110 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Gigabyte OC
    I have low GPU-Usage in COD:BO, but haven't recognized it till now. fps are still good. Using pre render limit of 0 makes the game feel really good.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
  14. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    And youre perfectly right.
    I will upgrade my GTX260 sp216 soon, althought im pondering to kick out my e8500 as well, because dual cores seems to be dead right now.

I just cant understand their policy. There are alot of users in the world with notebooks that have SLI enabled cards, its pissing me off the fact that we dont get attention like we deserve.
    Even if we dont talk about notebooks, there are peoples with 9800GTX sli configurations as well, everybody knows how well it still performs.

You cant expect that the whole world of older gpus switch to a newer pc every fecking 6 months because the driver set sux.

My desktop pc is just 8 months old and still im forced to upgrade it. WTF i dont find money under a tree.

15. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Yup, even tried to disable AO, disable d3doverrider. Still nothing so far...
    Not seeing any GPU load changes or visual changes.

edit: http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/961/desktop2011010410403702.jpg
    settings I used in Inspector...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2011

16. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P
    I'm only concerned about SLI's stability, will report back later today...

17. DM_777

DM_777 Master Guru

GPU:
    Winfast 9600GT & HD3870
    i know that my GPU and CPU are ancient, but games still run decently, and if you read my post carefully, i said that NFSHP2010 only used 30% of my GPU, that means if the driver could increase the gpu usage (i've given up on the possibility that EA may fix that), i may get between 30-35 FPS, and that's enough for me, i don't need 60 FPS all the time.

Edit : and not everyone can afford a new PC, if i can afford a new PC, i don't need anyone to tell me to buy a new one, money is hard to get for a lot of folks.

18. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    i never said go buy a new PC!

i just suggested what i've seen- this game likes quads and your pc is a bit to weak to take full advantage of gpu - but it never will, because the game is caped at 60fps anyway, well unless you try to force AA then you can get higher gpu usage.

I know i saw that in MafiaII with vsync enabled, as soon as i enabled AA i heard gpu fan and fps dropped to around 50fps in certain parts in the city..

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Shame, guess i will see if my GPU can get away with the downsampling method.

KingpinZero, i did read that the AA in NFS HP was aimed at GTX470 and upwards, so its obviously more of a brute force technique, rather than somethig more subtle and efficient.

20. DM_777

DM_777 Master Guru

GPU:
    Winfast 9600GT & HD3870
    are you saying that my AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2.23GHz is not good enough for my current Winfast 9600GT ?

then why does in other games, i can get 99% GPU usage ?