new driver by nvidia 266.35

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mypc, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Why is that amusing?
    Disabling two cores, or reducing my clock speed drops GPU usage, as does dropping enabling V-Sync, or dropping down from 1920x1080 to 1280x720, hell forcing AA in Dead Space near enough doubled my GPU usage.

Avoid them if you use more than 4xAA, other than that, only way to find out is to test them yourself.

2. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Poseidon1080TI
    with this driver for me - bad company 2 crashing every 15min all black or white going,all other games runs great :bang:

3. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    it, has gone a lil to far i'm using the qaudro 265.90 i no it's off topic but there good drivers no complaints so far.Back to the issue on hand if these drivers are causing all these problems don't cry don't use them simple as that i'm with all of you i want a good stable driver and i'm one of the first to try a new driver when one rarely comes around,i tried this one had problems uninstalled it end of problem do yourselves a favor leave this driver alone try a different one personally i'm losing faith in nvidia and i've been a nvidia person since they hit the market i wish they would get off there lazy butts and address these issues.i hate ati cards but i'm reallllly thinking about the 6 series card.and please please stop making drivers that support 1 or 2 cards and leave the rest of use waiting or forcing us to use moddified inf's just to try them well thats my rant

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    What's funny is how many times it's been said....and continues to be said...and the fact that people can't seem to grasp the concept.

5. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well when people are coming out with classics like "i guess i will have to keep disabling VSync until the low GPU usage is fixed" its hard not to laugh.

TBH, i think some don't want to grasp it, and the 460 has been one of the biggest contributors to this, the amount of people who slapped one into an underpowered PC, then moaned about not getting review performance has been silly.

6. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    mine runs fine with what i got

7. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P
    Been playing Just Cause 2 straight for two days now and not a single glitch...(that's with driver 262.99 if you missed my previous post)

8. Deathspank

Deathspank Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    been using these for a while now and there quite good (i play bfbc2 mostly, gtr evo, bit of crysis and blops but thats got boring now). the only issue ive have is crysis turned off to desktop (not crashed) when running aa@16x ingame settings. thats it.

9. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    I agree with you on most everything but I'm at 16x AA in Black Ops multiplayer with these 266.35 and they're great, fast, and stable, so the amount of AA you can do probably depends on the game and if you're doing SLI or not.

10. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Same here, didn't test any other game, but since i play BFBC2 the most i quickly got rid of the driver

11. tehalirigsho

tehalirigsho Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 SC
    this driver seems fine.. just had that one crash on the Metro 2033 menu screen the first time i tried metro after installing, but no problems since.

Ive been playing metro and stalker cop pretty close to maxed out and really have had no issues.. looks like the .45 version is out now though :)

12. johnny87au

johnny87au Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 480's / Wc'd ek
    Good for single card users as it improves Fps a little bit, SLI users terrible! Plain and simple :D

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I'm not getting review performance....and I'm seeing low GPU usage...but, give me a second ::looks to the left:: I'm running an H55 board....lol, I'll never see review performance levels with this board. BUT, even with the low GPU usage....my framerates are decent given that I only play World of Warcraft, which has a very poorly coded graphics engine that's known to be CPU bound, so no big deal. The 260.99 driver has been completely stable for me though....kinda hard to switch drivers while others are seeing continuous crashes.

14. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Out of the 8 games im on and off playing at the moment, i'm only seeing low GPU usage in PES2011, sometimes as low as 8%, but the game runs at 60fps constant anyway, so that is obviously all it needs at times, it does mean i can force silly amounts of AA though.

15. Tomatomanz

Tomatomanz Member

GPU:
    PALIT GTX980Ti SuperJS 6G
    I thought the latest patch removed 16xAA and left 8xAA max?.. or am i missing something there...:3eyes:

Cheers :)

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    Yeah but, people force it through Nvidia Inspector etc.

17. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    Yes, as one of the others here has mentioned the 16x AA for Black Ops can be forced in the NVidia Control Panel/3D Settings. Actually I set it in the Global Settings tab of that.

18. boOzy

boOzy Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon R290
    Feels smoother for me than the last quadro, got 2-3fps more in few "static" benchmarks in BFBC2 so i'll stick with these if nothing bad comes up.

edit: These also have lower dpc latencies on my rig.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  19. Headless Knight

Headless Knight Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    A GTX 470 crash with 16xAA in Devil May Cry 4 & Resident Evil 5.
    with P.S.X.1.6.0 same story I don't even use AA in that program... just use DirectX6.0 to render & guess what? the driver crash to the desktop.

with Crysis no single problem so far.

20. OldBeaver

OldBeaver Member

GPU:
    Asus GF RTX 2080 Ti
    Here no problems at all with these drivers...