new driver by nvidia 266.35

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mypc, Jan 4, 2011.

1. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P
    Good to know...

Well I checked everything but my LSI SATA+SAS addon controller and what do you know, there is a new Firmware update that I didn't about. I hope that's it...(all my games are running of off it)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  2. Luumpy

Luumpy Master Guru

GPU:
    470gtx s/c
    Top notch....:wanker: oh thats goood stuff lol.
    So 6mo. from now, when Your issues(aa,lowgpu) still are not fixed you will feel the same? Thats where some of us 400 series folks are at.

3. Luumpy

Luumpy Master Guru

GPU:
    470gtx s/c
    Same here. Fresh install.

4. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    I dont want to stir the hornets nest here... but is Low GPU usage affecting all 400 series users regrardless of CPU ?

Maybe its those with weak cpus's that are having that issue?

I know when i had my 480 back in may/june it was fine - 99% in most games, but thats with an i7.

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's not a problem for all 400 series and all games. Some games have problems with this independent of the CPU but the majority is fine.
    All 400 cards do need a strong CPU though.

6. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Don't think that's the true and whole solution to this problem. I also had a 480 prior to my 580, never had any problems with low gpu usage. My CPU is a q9650@3.8, and running WIN 7 64 bit.

7. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Most of my games run at 90-99%. Games that don't usually have over 100 fps anyways lol.

8. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    hmm glad to know its just not me. even when viewing large photos. windows goes into stupid mode with the circle around the curser then eventually goes

9. LordSoth

LordSoth Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 8gig
    3d vision

I install these drivers but can not get the 3d vision part to work. The usb driver will not install ???. what me doing wrong here. i got the 1.38 cd drivers but no luck.

10. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK

11. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Played a fair bit of NFS:HP with this driver, works sweet. BFBC2 also looks and runs really nice. Only game that crashes is dx11 Aliens vs predator, but, I'm assuming that's a game problem.

12. SSJPeter

SSJPeter New Member

GPU:
    GTX 470 1280MB
    It has fixed the Street Fighter IV flickering issue and I have been waiting for this for a very long time.:banana:
    I took them more than two months to fix it but better late than never.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  13. SSJPeter

SSJPeter New Member

GPU:
    GTX 470 1280MB
    Hmm.
    I have an issue in 3DMark 11.
    I have a Full Hd monitor and when I choose to run this benchmark anywhere below HD resultion the picture remains unstretched and I see only a small picture on the middle of the screen...
    I have this issue only in this particular benhmark but I have never had this before with other drivers....
    Does anyone have this?
    Of course when I choose to run it HD resultion the picture fills the whole screen.
    Is it the driver's fault or futuremark's?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  14. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    low gpu usage doesnt always have to be a driver issue. it could be a sign of being cpu limited. you have a dual core. you even thoguht that might gimp your gpu in some games? not saying it does since i dont know what games, but i wouldn't rule it out.

15. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I have a Q9550 and a 460, and so far no problems with GPU usage. The CPU thingy might have credit but people have to realise that not all games need 99% GPU usage.

16. Fury

Fury Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780
    With these drivers i play ghost theft autoIV..all chars sometimes invisible or translucid..Bc2 runs fine

17. Ruggy

Ruggy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 570 sli Gelid coolers
    Ive had the driver installed for a few days with 2 x 570 sli white screened at first till AA was set on x4 on all games since then a massive improvement especially on BFBC2 & i can clock the cards stable @ 850 core 2100 mem.

18. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Its funny to note that these arent giving me white screen with 9800m gtx in sli.
    Just tried bc2 with 16xcsaa and everything is fine. The same with other AA levels as well.

19. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI
    I don't understand the current obsession with low gpu usage - ok if your running low fps and your gpu is only running at 50% usage then fair enough = you have a bottleneck , but so many modern games maxed won't push your mid / high range dx11 gpu too hard (epecially dx9 console ports ) - for instance - assassins creed 2 - never seen my gpus run above 60% - nothing wrong with my system it's just an easy game for my gpu's to render - especially adding to the fact that i have to enable vsync to avoid tearing....

20. Heavens Dragon

Heavens Dragon Active Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 460 1gb
    GTA IV and EFLC too give low gpu usage but this can be an game issue these console ports are not that optimize for PC as ppl think

GTA IV/EFLC is one of best e.g,how many patches does that game have for PC version and how many patches does that game for console version???