new driver by nvidia 266.35

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mypc, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II

no m8 most games for me use 99% of the gpu measured with afterburner, black ops uses 99% and i get 60 - 90fps with no stuttering using win 7 64bit

i have a gtx275 also and a q6600 but my cpu is currently doing 3.6ghz (i upped a bit more due to it being winter lol)

2. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Well i'm on the exact same boat, same GPU usage as you mentioned for XP compared to the GPU usage you mentioned for Win7 X64

3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    There are different reasons for low GPU usage though.
    Some games use the CPU heavily so insufficient CPU power leads to low GPU usage. Then there are driver related problems where you see low GPU usage while having a low framerate and low CPU usage at the same time.
    If you cap a game through vsync and see a low usage, most likely at lower resolutions and quality levels, well ;) Then there's nothing that would have to be done, how to search for a fix where there's no problem? :)

4. mindofmike

mindofmike New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 480
    Generally these driver seem to be working ok for me. Sort of a mixed bag, actually. Gained fps in GTA IV and Fallout NV. Lost some in NFS-HP. Lower GPU usage in these drivers in NFS. (compared to 260.99)

Haven't had any of the crashes or weirdness that others have posted about. Played Call of Duty BO for about 6 hours yesterday without a hitch.

Kind of disappointed in my GTX 480, though, I gotta say. For a lot of older games like Oblivion, my frame rate was actually better on my old GTX 275. Not sure if this is a driver problem or just that my expectations were too high. In my heavily modded Oblivion, for example my 480 GPU usage never tops 20%, even when the game is struggling at 15fps. I have a AMD 965 quad core @ 3.6ghz, so CPU bottlenecking shouldn't be a problem. Should it?

As an aside, I use ENB series extensively in quite a few games, but with the 200 series of drivers, I have found framerates to been appallingly bad. The 266.35 drivers do seem to like ENB better and that might be why my GTA 4 performance jumped almost 10 fps.

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Drit2 is ok here, although that 3d freeze at the beginning of the race is still here but it doesn't crash.

lol:D you see your gpu is newer and yet now with latest driver it sucks, remember when you said my gpu is old and no fixes for newer games, etc..

things changed big time hehe :nerd:

btw on a serious note; did you happened to use any Csaa modes like 8xcsaa or 16xcsaa in dirt2 or f1? that might be your problem.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Coverage Sample is bugged as hell in 266.xx

7. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI FE
    Well these are a NO GO for me .... ;0(

Never had problems with Nvidia drivers until the last 2 realeases ?????

Medal Of Honor MP crashes with wierd white flashes with theses ( With the last set it was the same problem )

8. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    Maybe because it is for the 5 series? I do not know.

I only know that 266.35 is the best driver for me now :) 266.44 in second place

But hey!

If you read some other posts in this thread, there is a bug with more than 4xaa. Freeze and white screen.

I only use 4xaa and 16xAF

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    As per above, reduce the AA, that should sort it.

Nvidia have confirmed this issue, and say it will be sorted.

mypc, you around, would be handy if you could edit your original post, mentioning this issue, as most people will look there, and then skip to the last page of the thread.

10. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P

11. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Known issue. Nvidia will fix it in next driver. Use less than 8x AA in BF BC2 / Vietnam and voila..

12. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI FE
    Thanks for the info guys ... ;0)

Ill try 4x aa ;0)

13. Reiz3r

Reiz3r Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R7850 2gb
    No problems here with games, i use 4xmsaa for Medal and BC2,lets wait for the next driver for higher AA...

14. Mohammad.Taheri

Mohammad.Taheri Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070TI Nuke
    after installing this damn driver my windows cant boot correctly
    some times blue screen some times black and...
    remove it from safe mode
    install 258.96 and everything is fine:)

15. fighter-il

fighter-il Member

GPU:
    xfx geforce 6600gt agp 128mb/128bit
    what you said happened to me when i tried to use 265.90 :(

16. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Is just me or BC2 performance is worse than quadros? Because i dont recall getting so low framerates on my desktop and laptop. At least it was always above 30fps, not from 20 to 26 :/

17. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i use 4xMSAA with 4xSS Transparency AA i have found this to be the best overall quality with very little performance hit. and does work with these drivers too ;)

18. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE

Dude chrispy! I suffered the same problem and troubleshooted for weeks. I read your problem on break so I must be brief. Take out the mini hdmi cable that came with the card, and see if it works. If it does then it's probably your hdmi/dvi connenctor. I used my male dvi female hdmi adaptor for almost 2 years but all of a sudden it showed black screen with all new drivers. Found our my adapter was made missing some of the male dvi prongs that plug into the back of the card. Plus the mini hdmi to regular hdmi worked fine. I oredered a $20 adapter from tiger which had every prong that connected to each prong in the dvi port on the gfx card. One received I screwed the adapter in as tight as it goes and it's worked fine ever since. Note the adapter came with gold plated. Using my phone to type back to work. Good luck!

19. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI FE
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    you need to add it yourself