new driver by nvidia 266.35

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mypc, Jan 4, 2011.

1. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    oh the irony. when you learn what WHQL is compared to what the WHQL is supposed to be and is marketed as, then we can talk. until then you will be ignored.

stay out of beta driver threads if you dont use them, sounds easy to me.

2. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    You call me a troll but I am not the idiot that will go on record as claiming beta is problem free LOL

I might not be an idiot to use anything with a beta tag to it, but that dosen't mean I will let you guys come on guru3d and spread flase information about beta drivers...I am here to lead people in the right direction. You guys seem to have the try it and bitch about it attitude...

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've only had one issue with drivers recently, and that was huge DPC Latency spikes, which was on the 258.96 WHQL ones, was gone in the next beta.

MS aren't the ones doing the testing usually, its likely be Nvidia/AMD who do the testing, then the logs are then sent off to MS for the certification.

WHQL testing will not pick up bugs on anything gaming related, thats not what they check for.

You can keep believing what you want, but if you don't like beta drivers why you in a thread about them.

No one is claiming beta drivers are problem free, but WHQL are no better, and if your not willing to use them and haven't spent time comparing them, your not in a position to comment.
    People need to keep using beta drivers, its the only way real bugs related to games and gaming, as well as HTPC issues will be picked up and fixed, WHQL has and will do nothing.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  4. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    I agree, beta is good for testing out problems. But these days betas are being treated like the real thing and then being recommended accross the internet. Anything with a beta-tag to it should never be recommended to anyone.

Game makers invite gamers to beta test there games before they go gold right? This is where most of the bugs are found before the game goes live. Nvidia is doing the exact same thing by releasing beta drivers to download. This is great and I have no problems with it. The problem I have is the guys that are doing the beta testing then come on our forums and bitch and complain about how crappy Nvidias drivers are without admitting there using a friggen beta driver in the first place! LOL

You follow?

5. tonvanrijn

tonvanrijn Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 460 OC
    Doing the (own) Benchmark in Dirt 2 I get around 10 fps (average) more than with 260.99. With 260.99 average was around 42 fps. With 266.35 around 56 fps.
    However more freezes. With 260.99 rather rarely and 266.35 more often while loading a race or starting the benchmark. But maybe that is also a bug in the game and/or my cpu ?
    What I noticed btw is that with 260.99 when I got a freeze, I had to use Taskmanager to end the game and that I had to restart my pc. With 266.35 I can hit Esc. and I am back on the Desktop. Then I can restart Dirt 2 again.

6. Luumpy

Luumpy Master Guru

GPU:
    470gtx s/c
    These drivers are crap for me. Bc2 stutters now,textures all messed up also.

FAIL NVIDIA :bang:

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, that i do agree with most of that, just not the blanket statement that beta's will always be more broken than the previous WHQL.

I do agree people forget that they are the guinea pigs for these drivers though, and there is a perfect example of this above lol, but when Nvidia keep adding game support to the beta's and even Quadro drivers while delaying the WHQL ones for months, you can see why more and more people are using beta drivers.

8. Luumpy

Luumpy Master Guru

GPU:
    470gtx s/c
    Beta or not, nvidias drivers of late suck. You seem totaly out of touch with the subject. :3eyes:

9. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Agreed

10. Razoola

Razoola Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 (MSI gaming)
    Custom resolutions seems still not fixed with these drivers. I add a custom resolution which results in standard resolutions the same size loosing 32bit color depth! Can only use 16bit with them until the custom resolution is removed again.

11. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    thats odd mine works wit 1920 x 1200 @ 60 hzh custom resolution and 32 bit color.

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Well i gave my 480GTX one last try with this Beta driver and i cannot even use my HDTV LCD via DVI to HDMI adapter , i reported this to nvidia via nvidia bug report an i open a case with them , months and months have gone by and they never address neither fixed this issue and problems with some HDTV LCDs when using HDMI. It will black screen or blue screen and cannot go into windows , this happens after all the new drivers after 258.96whql or 26x.xx and up, it was working 100% perfect with that driver 258.96 and older ones , but since 26x.xx drivers have gone to f*cking hell. I will just trow my 480GTX in my benching room and let the spyder webs grow on it :D ,im fed up with this BS. So far im 100% happy with my 2 unlocked HD6950 to HD6970 no problems so far (knock on wood) for my 24/7 gaming /media center PC. Damn you nvidia ...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  13. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    others have said these aren't great for sli machines, i AGREE! Black Ops stutters, i get alot more gpu usage with 260.99 than these in Bad Company 2? and it runs better ... hope the next set be it another beta or whql are better.

14. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=189759&st=120

post here im sure you will have more luck..

well he listened to me about Dirt2 - FINALLY, hopefully they're gonna get it fixed now.

As for issues with this driver 266.35; TF2 crashes when i exit the game - program stopped responding, it happened 2 times and always when i quit.

15. Domingo

Domingo Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 (EVGA)
    I'm coming back to Nvidia after using a 5870 for a few years and I've got a question about these and some other non-final/WHQL drivers:

Is it normal for them to not contain all of the control panel options when doing a clean install? If I install them on top of the last official driver (263.09) - everything is fine.
    However if I install these (or almost any of the modified drivers on Laptop2go) using the clean install option that gets rid of the old drivers...the only thing I see in the Nvidia control panel is the option for Stereoscopic 3D. Is this normal? If not...is there a fix of some sort or should you always install beta drivers on top of normal ones?

16. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    I have no problems and I use almost only beta drivers :biggun::cool:

17. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
    Drivers are garbage for 460 gtx sli went back to 260's and all is well.These drivers do great in benches but gaming is a whole different story.L4D2 freezes.NV cp sluggish then goes to not responding.Vantage even freezes at loading screens of each test but then continues.I think maybe nvidia might of hired some guys from the ati driver team :(.Im almost regreting getting rid of my 5970.

18. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Not agred
    bad thing:
    from this driver have less gpu usage in nfs hp
    i have full memory usage in cod mw2 mp (18 people)

good things:
    I have speed incraced in internet explorer 9 beta (update 1)
    + flash player 10.2 beta 1 (10.2.151.49)

19. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    GTX 460 is garbage :wanker:

20. Deathspank

Deathspank Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    pffffff you've bought 2 door stops mate.