New driver 165.03 for XP, support all cards

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Paulo Narciso, May 6, 2007.

1. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Overclocking doesnt stay and none of the contrast color settings work with these and thats with using ntune.

2. PaulvH

PaulvH Member Guru

GPU:
    2x XFX HD5870 H²O-EK CF
    Thanks for the tip ... I will try that !
    I have an Aerocool ExtremeEngine-3T case (as shown in my avatar) with a 14cm fan at front, a 12cm at the back and a big 25cm fan at the side ... the 25cm fan provides a shipload of fresh air to the system. My oc'ed CPU never goes above 45 degrees. but the local heat at the GPU is a problem. with the 97.94 drivers the temps are about 10 degrees lower than with the 1xx.xx drivers. But I will try the fan-slider of RivaTuner to see if that keeps things cool.

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  3. FrankieMango

FrankieMango New Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 260 Core 216
    For all you who wanted to know, I played BF2142 for two hours yesterday with these drivers (upgraded from 158.22) AND NO SIGN OF THE YELLOW TEXTURE PROBLEM! Yay...

My specs:

ASUS P5W DH DELUXE
    C2D E6600
    XFX GF8800GTX
    Corsair Dominator 6400 2048MB

4. Burgurne

Burgurne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980Ti

That is a good tip, only I just can't use it. My ASUS ass-mobo don't work like other mobos it seems. Fan on Videocard don't change anything nomatter what I try in Rivatuner, and I can't overclock in rivatuner either. Ntune can't even start, but I found this tiny tool, AtiTool. With this I can overclock (and underclock when surfing aso, since my 8800GTS don't throttle down when in "2D" mode, like my former 8700GTX did). So does anybody know of a program that will work with ASUS A8N32-SLI DeLuxe, that can control OC and Fan speed?
    With this driver my Card is getting too hot too, but 2 minutes pause pr hour, and then there is no problem.

5. Aluminumhaste

Aluminumhaste Member

GPU:
    2xATI Radeon 5870m
    Same here, I have powerstrip installed also and the same thing happens with these drivers installed, I can't overclock. I change the settings, hit "Apply" and the sliders go back to defaults :(

I also noticed that I can't do it in the 165.01 drivers either.

I'm using a Dell inspiron 9400 with Geforce 7800 Go. The defaults suck at 250/658, so I really want to overclock.

6. PaulvH

PaulvH Member Guru

GPU:
    2x XFX HD5870 H²O-EK CF
    Same here ... doesn't work.
    Sounded like a good tip but rivatuner always dafaults back to 25%/25%/25% fan settings no matter what other setting i try to force upon it.
    That is RivaTuner 2.01 with the 160.03 drivers ...
    I have a stupid Asus Mobo - like Burgurne here above- though I do not believe that the mobo would have anything to do with GPU fn settings.

<<UPDATE>>

It does seem to work if I enable the low level control settings in RivaTuner ...

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  7. ReTiCuLe

ReTiCuLe Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce Titan
    Do these work with Final Fantasy Online ?

8. Gungrave

Gungrave Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 320MB
    Any artifacting? I got a crap load with the 158.22's

9. DrHycodan

DrHycodan Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080
    Does this driver fix the lighting issue in Condemned for the 8800?

10. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    I have tried all the new drivers, but still the 97.92s are the best for me. I hope someday a new driver set arrives that gives me better performance.

11. Evo Jex

Evo Jex New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275
    Just switched to 160.03 from my old favorite 92.91. So far they're the best I've tried on my 7950GT. Definately noticing a performance increase over 91.47, 92.91, 94.24, etc. WoW runs silky smooth with all settings maxed. Very promising. These even cured the annoying stuttering problem I had in most games. Definate keepers!

12. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    Absolutely none whatsoever. I suggest you give these a shot if you haven't already.

13. ReTiCuLe

ReTiCuLe Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce Titan
    No one knows if these work with Final fantasy XI online? Wondering if it still has the gamma bug.

14. TeaEtchSee

TeaEtchSee Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950gt (Winfast a400gt RIP)
    does this driver support 7950gt AGP?

it seems my video card has poor Driver support from Nvidia

15. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    KF2 3090 SG
    160.03 drivers are really good, best I've used, apart from one flaw.

Oblivion goes randomly black. You can see the status stuff at the bottom, but the 'graphics' just switch off in favour of a black screen.

I'm on 7800GLH AGP, P4 3.4 and XP.

16. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Just that one flaw eh.............pretty major one though ;) ;)

17. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    KF2 3090 SG

:D

Thankfully I'm not a major fan of the game. I just tend to wander around looking at the purdy graphics.

Which kindly turn off when they feel like it!

18. Towe|ie

Towe|ie Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX
    it does the same whit the 158.22 in Oblivion...

19. smut

smut Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC
    It used to do that on my old volt modded 7900GT. It was because it was overclocked too high. Even though it was perfect in other games Oblivion didnt like the clock speeds and the whole screen would go black shortly after loading it up. Turn your memory speeds down and see if that helps (also try core speed if no luck with memory).

20. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    My 8800GTS 640 is well overclocked with my P5B board using both ATItools and Rivatuner 2.01.

With ATItools I overclocked and saved my profile. Rivatuner recognized this overclock. I then created two profiles in Rivatuner; "performance 1" which is activated via the keyboard, that raises the clocks to 600/2118 and low level fan control to 100%, another keyboard button reverts it back to "low noise" which is a 2D level clocks of 500/1300 and fan speed to 60%..

it took a couple of hours to fiddling but I got it right..
    check this link out.

http://home.comcast.net/~msl2/RivaTuner.htm

http://home.comcast.net/~msl2/RivaTuner -clock speeds.htm

Last edited: May 27, 2007