new DNA-driver?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ablev, Jul 17, 2009.

1. ablev

ablev Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapph Nitro+ 5700XT
    Hello!

Since 3 months, i´ve been using the very good DNA 9.4 and it works perfect for my agp-sys, but i can´t find new DNA-driver ( 9.5, 9.6, 9.7).
    What is with these drivers?
    Can anyone help me to find it?

thanx, ablev

2. Prod

Prod Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FE W/C
  3. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Yeah it has been some time sry for that. I have been working 7 days a week for the last 2 months and besides that i managed to crash my own system and don't want to do a complete re-install. I'm waiting for my money to arive so i can buy a new HDD so i can recover the data on the current HDD's

4. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    ontop of that as some of you might have noticed the website is down/gone.

For many years the site was hosted on a server maintained by one of the admins (also a friend). He hasn't been online for some time now and a friend of him told me he didn't/couldn't pay the bills. It's strange to me as i was paying him $85 a month :S

Everything I worked on the past 2 years have been lost. All driver builds every news item ever posted and so on.

I'm now working on setting up a new website (already have a new domain) that will be maintained/owned by myself so something like this will never happen again.

Expect some new drivers once the 9.9's are out. I don't think i can get everything up and running before that as I'm also having my vacation at the moment. nVidia drivers will also be released.

The new website will be less News orientated and will be more about the modded drivers. I do hope to see some of you again once the new website s up and running. Ill be sure to post it here @ Guru3D first (great community here as well)

Regards,
    Wandert van Bruggen

PS: I hope there are no typo's lol as I'm behind the laptop of my GirlFriend and i can't get used to typing on it.

5. Liniuxs

Liniuxs Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD5770
    Sad dude :( You need do always backup's, but ofcause you good to know that. If we can help for somethink(I have couple servers in LT) you can say.

6. matthew_eli

matthew_eli New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Mob HD3650
    Hi KillerSneak and, first of all, thanks for your ATI Driver...I love it and...I have a question on it.

Please could you read this thread:

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=118357&enterthread=y

Why with DNA drivers my Radeon HD 3650 Mobility works perfect with DXVA and not with the Catalyst Official Driver (ASUS or ATI Modded).

What is the difference in DNA Drivers' DXVA implementation for my card?

Thanks in advance and I hope you will return to do this amazing set of drivers soon!!!:rock:

PS: I use DNA Drivers 9.4 because 9.5 and 9.6 beta have some problems with the powerplay options. May I ask you to add a feature: could you add more language for the DNA Drivers (I speak Italian and I appreciate if you insert this language)? Thanks again!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  7. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Hi, thanks guys. I'm taking it slow this time around. Everything will become more simple and will have a more DNA feeling to them. The new website will be smaller and more about the drivers.

I already have the new domain, and a new hosting package now. It's a package with unlimited space and bandwidth so i should be okey for a restart.

The DNA drivers have added support for a large scale of Radeon/Mobility cards. DXVA settings have also be added/changed to provide the best compatibility.

You should be able to add other languages from the main Installer? And where would you like to have the added languages?

8. matthew_eli

matthew_eli New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Mob HD3650
    Thanks for the reply: I would other language for CCC usage (other than english, like official CCC pack)

Good work and good WE!

9. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Ill look into that for sure, the file size of the drivers will get bigger that way.

well i got my new domain up and running. I'm setting it up now. I hope to have a new driver ready this weekend along with the new site release

10. Liniuxs

Liniuxs Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD5770
    Nice to hear dude, can't wait :)

11. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    Me too. Can't wait any more :D

TBH, I've never used a DNA driver... well, yes i did, and it was for a FX5200, which, is still i use it for this kind of vcards. But not an ATI version.

Good luck setting the site up!

Bye, MerolaC

12. ablev

ablev Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapph Nitro+ 5700XT
    Me too and i hope, you have a new driver for my agp-card.
    Your 9.4 is the only driver, that works good for me.

ablev

13. M3SM3R

M3SM3R Member

GPU:
    7970M
    Hi everyone, it's been a long time that i haven't post anything, but i am busy like hell here.
    killersneak first of all i want to thank you for all your efforts you put of making your driver, and by the way i want to thanks all the communauty of testers.
    if your interrested i really want to help you testing your driver, so please pm if your want another tester (i am now on a MSI EX625 laptop which use an HD4670 mobility).
    Good to see you back :)

14. matthew_eli

matthew_eli New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Mob HD3650
    Hi Killersneak!

If you need anothrer Beta tester, I'm here (please contact me via PM)! Asus M51Va with Radeon Mobility HD3650

Could you make anything to decode via DXVA videos in High@L5.1 with 16 ref frames?

Thanks

15. koukako

koukako New Member

GPU:
    In the meantime, any trustworthy alternative mirrors to DNA drivers? :|
    I need to download the latest DNA driver but I was only able to find links to the old site (now dead)...
    btw thanks KillerSneak for your work thought all those years, I really like DNA driver and hope you keep delivering in the future. :D

16. koukako

koukako New Member

GPU:
    Hi KillerSneak, i know you are busy but you said you lost everything you made I hope it doesn't include the drivers, any chance for links up in the new mirror with the old DNA drivers? specifically I need DNA 811 or 812 for XP x64

Thanks!

17. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    I'm afraid so, I used the server as an online database and really never tought **** like this would happen to be honest so allot has been lost.

Altough it's a pain to see many years disappear into nothing? I'm already working on a new site and am trying to atleast get the donotargue.com domain back (and several other domains)

For the moment I'm working on the new website a bit and I'm reworking the way I mod the drivers allot now. I'm taking my time on this one / the whole project as on release there will be more than just ATi modded drivers. We will be back with several drivers // servers (gaming) <- and modded drivers for them // Legacy drivers,// and maybe some sound drivers (still up for debate).

18. koukako

koukako New Member

GPU:
    huge loss but you helped a lot of people in those years, good luck with the new driver/website, unfortunately for me, only cat until 9,1 works in my laptop, I'll try searching around the web again.....

thanks and bye