1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New DAC ESS9018 XMOS does everything

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by RagDoll_Effect, Apr 20, 2016.

1. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Very cool for a desk setup and the sound treatment looks solid. Nice monitors and stands, also great Headphone amp and DAC's that I think I see. I've got a pair of Audio Technica ath-ad700x headphones :) What model are yours? I also have a very high end DENON pair of headphones AH-D600's, they are stellar phones ;)

I'm moving into a new apartment with very thick concrete walls, very good for acoustics or not do you think?

I hear ya with the girlfriend, my ex was pretty pissed off with all my audio gear, in fact it was her or the gear lol nah just joking hahaha ;)

regards,
    RagDoll.

2. Cidious

Cidious Active Member

GPU:
    GB RTX 2070S G OC
    She is my ex now too hahaa. Not because of the gear haha. She was cool. That was my corner. Could do wity it whatever i wanted.

The headphones are Mad Dogs Pro and Audio Technica Ath-M50X. And I revuild a pair pf Beyerdynamics DT770 with custom 3d printed driver frames wirh Tesla 50mm drivers. They spund very good. Im still tweaking them a bit with the dampening.

The setup i have is just very solid for the space. Not much to wish for. The laptop is a MSI GS60 6QE with skylake and Geforce GTX970M which means a portable game station. I take it to my office accompanied with the M50X and my Shure SE846 replicas. (Ch8jese buuld but very good) The MSI has a ES9018K2M DAC which is really good but it was missing power so i just put a FIIO A1 portable chip amp behind it which drives my IEMs ans M50X perfectly. The ES9018K2M is a very nice DAC chip and well paired with my headphones. For work everything i need.

At home i have the hewvier to drive stuff with a customeized Lehmann with high end components. Drives everythinf chrystal clear includong my 600 ohm beyers. The dac is the one I showed above. Build it up from a bare pcb too.

The results aee all great. Since im in china the parts were very cheap. Only the mad dogs i paid to much inport cost for. The speakers were only €300 which os cheaper than the Audioengine A5s which i conpared them with in the shop i bought them.. and they vlew the audioengines away by a great margin. You sometikes gotta love china. They are heavy build good internals nice ribbon tweeter.

I have not much to.qish for in tuis room.right now. I was thinkin about a sub but bonestly.. the speakers go very low and deep and there is.plenty of hass.. maybe if i mobe to a bigger apartment