New Crytek Far Cry demo.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MaXThReAT, Dec 3, 2004.

1. golqmmecho

golqmmecho Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X800Pro Vivo @ XT P
    I use 4.11, arent they supposed to work fine? Anybody having the problem and knows how to fix it?

2. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    cant wait till games look as good as in that demo

3. JeedaiJoe

JeedaiJoe Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 7800GS OC AGP
    i dunno...the enviroment looks great...but those screens of the characters look aweful...people aren't plastic looking like that!..lol

4. mezkal

mezkal Master Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle Geforce 6600 GT AGP 128MB
    My ORIGINAL and (obviously) still relevant complaint about Far Cry. The human characters all look like "Action Man" rejects. Methinks that Crytek needs to get some material experts in to develop a nicer skin material. Plastic Fantastic doesn't cut it anymore.

5. rEbirTH

rEbirTH Guest

you guys need to get your eyes checked. yes, in Far Cry the charachters did look rather shiny and plasticy. This certainly is not the case in this new Crytec demo. They look anything but plasticy.

6. Firefox_1

Firefox_1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB
    Well, I tried it and also got blurry lines on the screen, and the voices were terribly out of time with the movements. I also tried 3D Analyze to change the device and vendor ID to a 9800 Pro but it didn't change anything, and when I ticked NV40 fix for R420 demos box, it wouldn't work at all, pfftt.

7. rEbirTH

rEbirTH Guest

hmmm, ATI demo...issues with Nvidia cards...hmmm...

8. mezkal

mezkal Master Guru

GPU:
    No you need comprehension skills AND glasses. Check fivefeet8's post on the first page of this thread. Those characters look like PLASTIC. If you don't agree then maybe you need to find another girlfriend, one that doesn't require a compressor to look her best.

9. At3c $yd

At3c $yd Master Guru

GPU:
    Tornado Geforce FX 5700 Ultra 128MB
  10. mezkal

mezkal Master Guru

GPU:
    Well I was reffering to the shots posted by fivefeet8 on the first page of this. I made that clear in my last post. In those shots the characters's skins DO look like plastic. In the shot you posted only the old guy looks OK. Pretty much up to DOOM3 standard. Certainly nothing new and nowhere near the shader based materials of the SOURCE engine. Not even close.

By the way At3C, the screenshot you spam this forum with as part of your sig make's no sense. I realise that you are trying to say that both of those games running at the same time only eat 15% CPU usage as opposed to your supposed take on Steamclient's usage, but your information is wrong.

If you actually knew how NT based OS's like XP/2000/2003 work you'd realise that once you have the taskbar up, explorer is taking PRIORITY over any of the other processes already loaded. Explorer always takes priority in NT based OSes when it's active. The two games are no longer RUNNING at all, but paused in "standby" state, that is why there is 15% cpu usage. Basically some interrupts are being held open by the OS in the event that those apps may be re-engaged.

In any case, however you choose to analyse and understand that stupid picture, it's just SPAM and I'm rather sick of seeing it EVERY post you make. Please either make it smaller or remove it altogether. Lots of other people post here without unnecessarily large SIGs.

Thanks in Advance,

Last edited: Dec 4, 2004

11. Netcore

Netcore Master Guru

GPU:
    His Excalibur Radeon x800 Pro Iceq II-- 550/570
    owned

12. rEbirTH

rEbirTH Guest

Some people are letting their hate make them see things that arent there, oh well.

13. mezkal

mezkal Master Guru

GPU:
    Try being both more DIRECT and FACTUAL when you make commentary. Being vague is such a poor attempt to say something without having the balls ans facts to back it up ;)

14. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Vega 64 BIOSmod
    Mezkal, chill out man! So what if you dont like his sig. It not lke its insulting or racist or anything of those sorts. Get off your soap-box already and stick to the topic. sheeesh :rolleyes:

As for the pictures, they do look a little cartoonish, but when you standing in bright, direct sunlight, details on the skin get flattened out (jn real life that is).

15. mezkal

mezkal Master Guru

GPU:
    I'm not the only one he who thinks At3c's sig is annoying:-

" plus that sig is dumb. of course there is 15% CPU usage, hes not doing anything in either game. I could fire up hl2 and d3 and let them sit idle and I would get 15%"

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116573&perpage=10&pagenumber=2

I have stuck to the topic AND discussed it. I'm also allowed to voice my displeasure at the screen wastage I have have to endure with poiintless and overly large sig. It's just common courtesy not to use a large sig when very few other people do, isn't it?

16. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Vega 64 BIOSmod
    I know that you've stuck to the topic, exept when you talked about his sig. Doing that can casue someone else to talk about it also and that can cause a chain reaction. I just dont see why you think its such a pain in the ass to look as his sig? If it bothers you so much, ignore it!

17. mezkal

mezkal Master Guru

GPU:
    I'm glad that you see me as a great influencer of the poeple. I'm npt. What is your deal Dammit? The othere guys came to his own conclusion, even if he did agree with me (which IF he did, he failed to mention). Personally, I'm willing to assume that the guy has his own abilty for free thought and therefore found that bloated, stupid sig as annoying as I did.

Dammit stop being a forumn nazi. I can discuss what I like, when I lik,how I like, WHERE I like. What's it too you anyway?

If the guy posts a stupid, bloated sig in EVERY post I feel I have the same right to say how and WHY it offends me.

Get a life. This is a non-starter of a thread topic anyway.

If THIS thread is really THAT important to you, then my (entirely unqualified) prognosis is that you really do need a life.

sheesh.

18. rEbirTH

rEbirTH Guest

if a sig offends you, you must be living in lala land. what would happen if someone flipped you off while driving, would you chase them down with a gun? stop letting small things get to you, or youll die young of heart attack.

19. rEbirTH

rEbirTH Guest

and to set the record straight, THIS is a plastic man. What we see in the new Crytek demo doesn't even come close to looking this bad. Show me one (1) frame in the demo that even looks remotely like the pic below. Case closed.

[​IMG]

20. Paulus

Paulus Master Guru

GPU:
    7900GTX
    mezkal, your out of order.... your comments are pretty provocative.

chill, sigs are sigs.