New Cpu Cooler - Air.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Smokey25, May 17, 2024.

1. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    For aircooling these two are hugely important, dont forget the crucial three temps are all inter-linked.
    Room ambient temperature
    Case ambient temperature
    Component temperature
    1- Irrespective of how good your cooling solution is, component temps will rise and fall relative to the room ambient so if its possible to lower room temps, it will ultimately lower component temps.
    2 - Case temps are effected by room temperature, and as its the case air that is used to cool the component, its crucial to keep case temps as close to room ambient as possible.
    3 - Room ambient air into the case, case ambient air out of the case.
    4 - Warm air leaving the case will over time raise the room ambient temperature unless the room is actively cooled (Aircon) or well ventilated.
    5 - Test various case cooling solutions for your set up, not all positive/negative solutions work for all cases and systems.

2. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    4070 RTX Asus OC
    Thanks for all the great advice. I went and bought the Noctua NH-D15. I just finished installing it which went easier as expected,great manual aswell and everything is labeled. I havent done any gaming yet but the temps are idling at 30c - 35c currently with just the browser open,which is a massive improvement already cus on my stock I was recently hitting like 50 - 55c Just browsing.

Just one strange thing that happend. I bought Thermal grizzly kryonaut paste with it which ive used before and worked fine. But right now when I applied it and started to spread,it was already dry as all hell. I was unable to even spread it at all and had to remove it again,it became a nasty dried up substance. Thankfully noctua supplied some paste aswell and that was spreading just fine.

Did i had some "fake" kryonaut paste or does it happen more often ? That shouldnt be drying out inside the tube,no matter the weather,right.

Last edited: May 18, 2024
    tunejunky and mrrulez911 like this.
  3. mrrulez911

mrrulez911 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    Never used anything else then the supplied Noctua paste. Perhaps in my early build years more then 20 years a go I've used Arctic Silver or MX paste.

I'm always putting a little drop in the middle and trust the spreading of the cooling block.

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I find the Noctua paste to be a bit too watery after a while.

I switched to Gelid GC Extreme which is thicker and gives the same results temperature wise, it just might last longer.

mrrulez911 likes this.

5. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    4070 RTX Asus OC
    Yeah ive always used the drop aswell but ever since I tried kryonaut where they recommended to spread it,thats just what I did. And the last 2 times Ive done it, it just went fine and spread out evenly. This time it just came out all thick,and very dry from the start,being unable to spread. Just found it weird, maybe i just had a "bad" tube or w/e.

Anyways, Ive played Diablo IV so far and let Hw info run in the background,I forgot to take a screenshot ( can do it next time if you want ) but my absolute highest temp was 61c, and my average was 47c while gaming. So yeah im pretty happy so far !

6. mrrulez911

mrrulez911 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    Nice

7. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    4070 RTX Asus OC
  8. mrrulez911

mrrulez911 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    64 On the die is nice.

9. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    4070 RTX Asus OC
    Does everything seem solid ? I do notice the diffence so far for sure where its not throttling down anymore,besides the air in my room is much lower now lol. The stock cooler would have hit like 70c+.

mrrulez911 likes this.