New Computer Coming! Your Thoughts!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Sqeak, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Sqeak

Sqeak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI PE GTX670 2GB
    Whats up guru3d... just ordered my new computer just wanted to let ya know the spec's and see how you all feel! I enjoy other peoples opinions on where i went wrong!

Case - Raidmax Ninja-918 ATX Mid-tower Case (nothing super fancy!)
    Processor- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6600 (2.4GHz/4MB L2 Cache/1066FSB
    Motherboard - Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe nForce4
    Memory - 1024MB [512MB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair XMS2 Xtreme
    Video Card - Nvidia Geforce 7900GT 256MB (maybe SLI in a few months)
    Hard Drive - 300 GB HARD DRIVE Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 16M Cache

So what do ya think!? it will be here in a few weeks! can't wait!

2. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    The nforce4 mobo might not run with the CPU. Depending on the bios-version on the board, it won't even post. But if you are lucky, it already has the newest version and then it should work.

The other issue is ram size. If you are planning on doing some serious gaming, you'll need 2 gig of memory. Current games like CoD2 or Oblivion already run faster/smoother with 2 gig, future games will require it to run properly.

Apart from that, it's a good mid-to-high-end range gaming computer. Wouldn't mind having that CPU myself!

3. S_Kinton

S_Kinton Ancient Guru

GPU:
    512mb 8800GT & 22" Samsung LCD
    Thats my only comment too. 1Gb in a gaming system just doesnt cut it anymore and hasnt for a while now IMO. I'd definately try to get 2Gb if you can afford it

2Gb will also be a must for Vista....

4. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    A lot of room for upgrades when the time comes. You should have gotten 2GB of memory instead of 1GB IMO.

5. Preachergeek

Preachergeek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 8800gtx @ 655/950
    Looks good, the nforce4 mobo is a strange choice considering that nforce5 will be out soon, this is the second upgrade you'll have to make fairly soon, after the ram thing. 2x1gb modules seems to hit the sweet spot atm when it comes to ram, and I recomend that everyone buying a new pc gets this.

It's going to be a very good pc though. Nice work.

6. Sqeak

Sqeak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI PE GTX670 2GB
    thanks alot guys! Ya another gig of ram will probably come sometime before vista or atleast once my funds replentish themselves haha ;)