New Cat 5.3

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kyteam, Mar 9, 2005.

1. weiran

weiran Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900GT 256MB + 2x 19" TFTs
    Downloading, gonna check the OpenGL improvements on this one.

2. BEERandSEX

BEERandSEX Active Member

GPU:
    ATI X1950XT
    yo dc 42 does nascar 2003 still have that problem where you get the BSOD when playing it for awhile or did they patch it and fix it?

3. Frant1c

Frant1c Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 9800Pro | 128MB
    with the 5.1s , i get 113 ave FPS @ CS:S

with the 5.3s installed, i get around 50ave FPS, and the graphics are jumpy as hell.

woo, ********* hoo.

well, system restored and im back to the 5.1s.

4. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB Vision 3080 10GB
    I think (IMO) these are aimed more for newer/latest games mainly because i see more improvement in them rather than the current/older game engines. Performancewise i see the same results with previous games and minor improvements in graphic intensive games.

5. some1

some1 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX285 OCX
    I lost about 130 points in 3dmark2001se, but i am keeping them as i can't be bothered to change back at this time...

6. KoRn.vs.POD

KoRn.vs.POD Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 780 SuperJ.
    Lost more than 130 Points in 3DMark03, in 2005 are the same points. More Frames in HalfLife2

7. THunDA

THunDA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor x1900xtx 675/783

You really think you can feel or see the difference between 105fps and 115fps.. ?

Dam you gots good eyes..lol.. ;)

Anyways, Ill try these out tonight ..

8. ddsflyr

ddsflyr Active Member

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 7900GTX 512
    I play Pacific Fighters. Definite improvement! I was using 4.11 before but finally ATI fixed the bugs and PF works fine. Noted somewhat better OGL performance.

9. Fe-Man

Fe-Man Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD4890 1GB
    Can anyone check Doom 3 performance?

10. GODzillaSDM

GODzillaSDM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Im sure no one can, but the thing is, I think the CSS stress test is inaccurate. When i run it, i get about 90fps, but when i play, i see LOT of mid 40's and 50s, and ocassionally when i stare at the wall i get 100+. So, maybe that +10fps can translate into the low side too, bumping mid 40's/50's to mid 50's/60's.

So the stress test, may not be a good test for knowing your fps precisely, but it IS a good test for RELATIVE performance. A test b4 and after will let u know which is better.

I dunno. I wish CSS cl_showfps 1 didn't flip thru the fps refresh like a crazy person. It changes like 10 times per second, its hard to tell what im getting. (Raven Shield on the other hand, averages it out, so u can see)

Also, like Fe-Man requested, Can someone check doom3 test? I'd update to 5.3 if it boosts doom3. Maybe i'd play it again =).

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005

11. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS x850 XT PE VIVO PCI-Express
    This package is much better than the 4.11 running the 4.12 beta. Lol, it's been a while since I've had time to update and test my computer but I'm glad to see a 50 point jump in 3DMark05, other than that performance seems to be the same in all my games (of course that is using my eyes and not a stress test).

12. CanadianTSi

CanadianTSi Member

GPU:
    7900gs (675/886)
    My Stresst test went from 87(5.2's) to 78...looks like I'm going back to the 5.2's

13. CanadianTSi

CanadianTSi Member

GPU:
    7900gs (675/886)
    Weird, I switched back to the 5.2's and I got 77....

Thought I would give the 5.3's a shot in 03...Picked up almost 300 points....Nice, my little 9600 is getting close to 5k !

Damn just ran 05 and I picked up about 250 points...pretty huge IMHO.

Looks like these are nice benchers...

14. THunDA

THunDA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor x1900xtx 675/783
    I didnt know that it was that far off on accuracy as I never ran that benchie.. That makes total sense.. I take that back then..

;)

Have you tried Fraps to measure fps ?

15. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti
    so i guess the whole thing about their own sort of digital vibrance option is absolutely bullcrap

16. Diamond15

Diamond15 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 1900XT 512mb
    I don't have overdrive anymore in this new driver :(. I'm sure my 9600xt has a temp sensor

17. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070

It certainly looks that way :bang:

18. sh33p

sh33p Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3D x800pro | 474/491
    the halflife2 benchmark can noway compare fps with actual ingame scores...think about it.

ingame is much more action, movement, models...the benchmark shows off the shader capabilities..wow

lol

you can only compare the drivers actually playing the game

19. nofool

nofool Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 Superclocked
    Guess I'll be waiting for the 5.4's

The 4.12's are so good it's almost magic. I sure don't the same impression from any of the 5-series Cat's. And I don't have any plans to run CCC or that .net framework thing at all. From everything I read and hear that's a headache I don't need.

20. Hobbla

Hobbla Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia GTX 1080 FE
    You deffinitely can. First, like others have said before, the test doesn't mean you'll get 115fps in game all the time. The reason it's that high is because the fps' are low during the intense part of the test then they jump up to over 150 for a good portion when there's nothing really around, so it doesn't give good readings really. But I can tell you that the game feels much slower and jumpy now. I get down to ~30fps in places that used to be a nice 50-60 fps. Looks like I'll have to revert back to ye olde Omega 4.12's then... 5.1's crash on me...