New Card - Want to "Stress Test" with...?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Cavemanhead, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Cavemanhead

Cavemanhead Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti
    Just bought a used EVGA 1080Ti SC to replace a GTX 970. Before I replace the 970, I want to benchmark it for a direct comparison to the 1080 Ti.

I also want to stress test the 1080 Ti to make sure it's a good card.

What benchmarks do you all recommend for both purposes? What kind of graphics card tester program can I set up to loop for at least 24 hrs?

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    You can run Heaven all day

3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Definitely go with Unigine bencharks. Heaven, Valley, and Superposition are really great.

4. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    For stress testing video card for stable overclock.
    Rise Of The Tomb Raider and Crysis are two game to look for crash to desktop and errors.
    The Witcher 3 test for to high of an overclock will expose artifacts such as red dots etc in game.

5. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Future mark benchmark suite, think its UL now, always on sale on steam for a fiver

6. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Superposition, war thunder free benqmark, world of tanks encore, they are all free.

Dont forget your CPU will play a big part on that performance diference. if its a 4c the results will probably be so so

7. Martian

Martian Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 8GB 12Gbps
    Easy, benchamark a game where you would like to see more FPS.
    You can use MSI Afterburner + RivaTuner to capture FPS log of certain game area.
    If the game has a built-in bench you are all set - use it & compare it later.
    Otherwise general benchmark tools as already sugested - from Unigine, UL(3DMark).