new build problems

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by slacker126, Sep 12, 2005.

1. slacker126

slacker126 Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D 275GTX
    i just got done putting my new system together...not much of an improvement over my last but i juss like keeping everything new since i OC the hell outta things.

A64 3400+
    ECS Nforce4 939 board
    KingMax 1024mb PC3200
    Sapphire Radeon 9800Pro
    SB Live Audigy
    Maxtor ATA133 80gig
    Asys 222L Case
    Asys 450 watt PS

now, my problem is, i have everything installed, tested mobo/cpu/ram and it booted fine and temps holded as well as voltages from the PS

i connected my molex connectors to my cd-rom drives and rebooted and it posted good

finally connected the HD and the when i hit the power button the system just blips on for a split second then turns off

i tested the HD in another system and it loaded fine on it as a secondary drive.

what could be my problem??????

2. MrRand0m

MrRand0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    is the drive by itself on its own IDE channel?

did you plug the IDE cable in correctly?

3. slacker126

slacker126 Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D 275GTX
    yes its on its on IDE and yes its plugged in right, i even tried another antec round cable and still didnt help but the problem is that the computer only will power up for about 1/2 second when i have the drive plugged in, i've tried different molex connectors, i've taken the cd drives off and tried to run only the HD but it still wont stay on, it just turns on and right back off for some reason

4. Willy Boy

Willy Boy Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek PX 7800gtx x2 sli
    Have you set the jumper on hdd to what your wanting eg master/slave , try it on its own seperate Ide cable if poss !

5. otaku

otaku Guest

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    if there is only one hdd just take the jumper out of the back and see if that works

6. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    Okay disconnect ALL molex connectors (except for VGA card one if yours requires it) and see if you get a POST screen and search for drives. Will not find any. You must connect peripheral drives one by one if you want to isolate the problem. Your power supply may be malfunctioning, so if you have a stock one I would try that. Try both Secondary and Primary IDE bus and try all jumper settings master slave and cable select. If possible try another hard drive in the system to see if it is detected... If you have one. I wish you luck and more details might help us help you :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2005
  7. cytotoxin

cytotoxin Active Member

GPU:
    gigabite
    agreed with willy boy. it may be the master/slave problem as your hdd work fine in other system as secondary drive. also check hdd and cd-rom could not be connected by the same ide cable. good luck.