New Build, Naive

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by JaxMacFL, Jul 19, 2017.

1. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    Always reinstall with a new build :)
    The win 10 key should be locked to your account but i guess there is some hw id in there as well. Lucky me, i had a bunch of windows 7 keys i upgraded to 10 and tied to my account.
    You should be able to release keys from your ms account page.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-accountand press manage my account.
    I usually start the new hw on my old boot drive (in safe mode if need be), then just use windows 10 built in clean reinstall.
    https://www.cnet.com/how-to/clean-install-windows-10/

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  2. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Ive changed my mobo 5 times this year and only had one issue with windows 10 reg not being able to contact server.....went through on its own after a few days after removing 3 un used systems from my account.

3. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    I hear ya pim, but man, what a pita. Better than with win 95 or 98, but still a half day to full day or longer getting it back to snuff.

Thought I could avoid it, but now system mechanic will not open past the 15.5 ver. Update to the 16 or 17 ver and all of a sudden crucial system files are missing.

Found I can navigate the start menu with kb/tab.

Anyway, thx for links, :>)

Lex Luthor likes this.
  4. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    During my 2 hour chat with Isabel yesterday, we did not find anything to contact server with. Been with win 10 since free update started. First time upgrading mb though. No problems with new video cards.

Anyway, got new key, (I actually think rep did not know difference between product ID and product key), not looking forward to fresh install.

Lex Luthor likes this.

5. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Did fresh install. In process of installing my "gotta have software", like avast internet security, system mechanic and such. Should be up to snuff tomorrow afternoon. Man, believe I would rather have a colonoscophy with a cactus!!!

Lex Luthor likes this.
  6. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    OK, survived the two day ordeal of getting "MY COMPUTER" back!!!!

Still have not OC'd it yet. Do plan to but do not expect much. On the plus side, running really well, 4.3GHz, on all 10 cylinders. Temps idle in the low to mid 30's and when benching low to mid 70's.

Why I don't expect any OC increase.

Got to give it a go though. Really kinda of pleased with the NH-D15.

Lex Luthor likes this.
  7. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Corsair makes Excellent AIO's, I still have one in my old system, father owns it now, been going very very strong, Excellent temps and strong pump for aio, and best of all, NO LEAKS!!!, running on that system, intel 5820k @ 4.55ghz+(Stable).

What I have now in my system personally is 2 artic cooling aio's double rad design, so far no leaks, had it for like a year and a half, so far so good. I also found out that the artic cooling kinda runs a lil hotter over corsair, mainly due to the pump/heat activity.

Corsair is by far like #1, I did looked into the kraken but never owned one, looks good.

8. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Lex Luthor likes this.
  9. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    Lex Luthor likes this.
  10. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Lex Luthor likes this.

11. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Lex Luthor likes this.
  12. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    No comments, hmmm. Ok, done here then. Later mates!!

Mods please close. :)

Lex Luthor likes this.
  13. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    TY Ang, I will keep that in mind. Currently have a corsair graphic 780T case coming in Wednesday and can finally install my kraken x62.

Lex Luthor likes this.
  14. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    Lex Luthor likes this.
  15. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Finished up with transferring everything from my half x 942 into my new corsair 780t and installing my kraken x62. Really pleased with the 780t and x62...how quiet everything is!! Only self doubt I have is not stripping and replacing the pre-applied thermal paste on the kraken x62. We will see.

Couple of pics:

http://imgur.com/9z62jl8

http://imgur.com/a/JcILc

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Lex Luthor likes this.

16. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Lex Luthor likes this.
  17. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Lex Luthor likes this.
  18. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I would disagree there, have owned 5820k which I OC run at 4.5Ghz with 1.279v and 4.6Ghz at 1.31v and there are several other people who have run and running their 5960x or 6900k etc well above 1.35v without the issue just what I would recommend not go beyond 1.25v on Cache/Ring and 1.15-1.20v on SA(System Agent) and other thing which can play is motherboard choice, some boards can kill chips, just check few threads about Asus X99 and killing the chips

Currently running 5960x which is very similar to yours, will do 4.2GHz at 1.25v and 4.3GHz at 1.315v and 4.4GHz at 1.375v, all these clocks are stable at Prime95 or OCCT and temps are not bad with 4.4GHz although they are on high side, under load with 4.4GHz in OCCT or Prime95 I saw 85°C on PKG after 2 hours of stress testing

Regarding the cooling, been very happy with Noctua NH-D15 and this has cooled my 5820k very nicely and temps with 4.6Ghz I have never seen higher than 78-82°C in OCCT or Prime95

If you are scare or worried then get Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan

Can you check what yours 5960x batch is?

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

19. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Lex Luthor likes this.