New beta version

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neilsouth

neilsouth Active Member

GPU:
    X1800XT
    Just had a strange error , rebooted the system after a defrag and atitraytools said

RAYHOOK.dll or something could not be found , forgot to copy the error.. If it does it again ill keep a screenshot

2. ajb66

ajb66 Member

GPU:
    X1950XT 256mb
    yes :) why is that?
    I'm confused because I have "application controlled" selected and AF and AA both work when selected in game! ??

I can also force it in games that do not support it using a game profile! ??

3. AXS

AXS Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi HD 4800
    Funny one, here: http://atitray.fangel.ru/b1/attsetup.exe (in the first post of this Topic)

ROTFL, Haaa Haaa Haaa, even funnier - you mean raphook.dll, reinstall ATT.

Don't use game profile, just select if from Direct3D/OpenGL Menu as "Application Controlled" and will do fine, works for me - should work for you. ;)

4. neilsouth

neilsouth Active Member

GPU:
    X1800XT
    Done that now , yeh yeh laugh at me

:behead:

:D

5. neilsouth

neilsouth Active Member

GPU:
    X1800XT
    The proper release for me is still the best , i found my card going into 2D clock mode when loading some games using this latest beta version... I thought something was up when my frame rates were crap, loaded up rivatuner and sure enough 2d clocks... I tried x1xxx compatiblity mode on and off no joy, back to the proper release and everything is working fine!

Yes this was in driver mode

6. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    Ray may i ask if You removed audio recorder for good (not everyone uses Vista) or just until You find way how made it work with Vista ?

thx

7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Its just turned off because of incompatible issues under Vista. I hope I will be able to find solution for this part of ATT

8. spookywillow

spookywillow Member

GPU:
    asus 5870
    even funnier one, read my post and you will see that i dont want that beta, i'm after a specific version.

9. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I just found way to use old Mixer and Recording under Vista. But! Vista has very different Mixer subsystem than XP and ATT unable to change master volume! When I change volume in ATT, Vista Mixer shows me that its changed for ATT itself, not for global mater line. And recording still doesn't work well. So I think its better to just hide it for Vista users, but show for rest of the world :)

10. eyes.only

eyes.only Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X1900xt 256mb (685/774
    same problem here with osd fps.
    Seems to be showing around 100fps higher than it should be.
    Catalyst driver 7.2. Weird version number though: 8:342.0.0 and 6.14.10.666)

11. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Guyz, DOWNLOAD LAST BETA VERSION! Its fixed already! :)

12. AXS

AXS Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi HD 4800
    This is XP version right? - pls ad the changes list. 10x ;)

13. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I have only one version for all supported OSes.
    The changes are only for Vista , not for XP :)

[*] Added test support for Vista 32bit. Not all of functions will work under Vista at this time.

[-] Removed Audio recorder and Volume control functionality from ATT. Incompatible with Vista.
    [*] Updated Advanced Tweaks registry editor to support Windows Vista

[+] Added new tweaks database "Avivo Tweaks" for Windows Vista only!

14. AXS

AXS Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi HD 4800
    K, 10x ;)

15. spookywillow

spookywillow Member

GPU:
    asus 5870
    ray do you know if theres a problem with setting the mem to more than 817mhz (1632ddr) on the X1950 pro's ????

i can set it to 816.25 just fine but any more and it either green screens or black screens, this is in low level mode and driver level mode.

i have even relaxed the mem timings on the card which dont fix it yet i know they are working as my scores drop with relaxed timings.

edit; got it sorted, low level only works to 816.25. i then have to switch to driver level to get higher.

i'm currently testing 830mhz :D

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007

16. Paradox52525

Paradox52525 Member

ATITool has a function where the GPU temperature can be sent to the "custom" sensor in Motherboard Monitor. This is really nice because a lot of other programs can display Motherboard Monitor Information, but not many support ATT. I don't really like ATITool though, and I don't want to run both ATITool and ATT.

Would it be possible to add something like this to ATT? Then people using G15 Keyboards, Litestep labels, and other things would be able to show their GPU temperature by having ATT send the GPU temperature to MBM.

17. Oely

Oely New Member

GPU:
    ASUS EAX1950XT/HTVDP
    Now
    I installed this Beta it works (Vista 64)
    BUT
    I cant change volt settings for my GPU.
    I press the bottom apply ....just switched bag to 1.2Volt :-(

EDITMy fault
    ATT works now fine
    I changed overclocking method to Low level!
    I can switched now between 2D and 3D mode

THANKS

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  18. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Use Google.com and search for ATT plugin to display information on G15 keyboards. As I can remember someone already made such plugin and there are no needs MBM because ATT has plugins

19. binormalkilla

binormalkilla Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870X2 XSPC water block
    Nah spooky, BTW what's up. I could set my memory clock to 823.5 and more than that, but I got artifacts.
    Are you stable in games at that clock? I had to set mine back to 810 because of some weird stuff happening. I was stable for an hour in the artifact scanner though, which I thought was a definitive way of testing your OC. I don't know maybe with the new driver I installed it will work better.

20. spookywillow

spookywillow Member

GPU:
    asus 5870
    at the moment its stable at 662/817. tested for 30 mins with both ati tray tools scanner and atitools, played farcry 64bit at 1600x1200 max settings with a bit of AA/AF for 30 mins or so and just played cs:s for the last 2 hours perfectly.

823.5 gives me artifacts in the scanner but it will bench just fine, 11,039 http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=2744699 thats with the core at 675 ;)

i'm still using the 7.1's but i'll get around to those when i have time, disabling the hotkey poller and still using driver level is how i got these clocks, with the poller running i max out far sooner which is strange as i thought driver level relaxed mem timings too but it doesn't.

just need to get the volt mods figured out as my pcb is different to all i have seen, your probably in the same boat as me :(

EDIT: binormalkilla i just tweaked some of those timings and i just took top spot on 3dmark05 for an amd cpu with a single X1950pro :banana: 11,122 http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=2747070 i did get a few artifacts but its benchable, further tweaking should find the correct timing to run stable.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.