New beta version discussion

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    May be on next week. :)
    I just don't want to make release because there are not a lot of interesting changes :)

2. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Oh ok, sounds good. :) Can't wait, as I'm still using 1.3.6.1056. :p

3. Fedyon

Fedyon Member

GPU:
    X1950Pro 512Mb AGP
    Another worry;

I do know ATT doesn't (can't) support all output configurations other than analog CRT only, but then can I ask you to add an option to hide out all of the display settings in ATT? In particular if I wrongly hit "Default Single Display", it turns off the primary and I feel just blind!

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Uploaded pre release version with minor updates

____
    [+] Added option to hide tray icon on load. You can restore icon to access settings by
    starting ATT again. This will not load second copy of ATT in memory, but will send command to show tray icon. Also
    created new hotkey to hide and show tray icon.
    [+] Added configuration option hide_display to hide Displays menu.

5. Fedyon

Fedyon Member

GPU:
    X1950Pro 512Mb AGP
    Oh thanks much, I'm now safer to mistake!

I noticed that I lost access to reset driver - I wonder why it was there in the first place - but it might be minor problem.

BTW, there's a typo in installer script; language choice "Japenese" should be "Japanese", and it sets that wrong value to registry too, resulting to unrunnable installation of ATT...

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I will check it.

7. Hymer

Hymer New Member

damn ray can t you get a card from amd?? or maby if the ppl here are intrested we can like donate so that you can add support for the hd series

8. Gulliver_69

Gulliver_69 Member

GPU:
    Ati Sapphire HD 2600XT, 256Mb
    Hi, Ray...
    Today I've installed your new 1066beta and I receive the following error:

- Unable to retrive information from BIOS! Please report to developer about your board! -

My board is:
    - Sapphire ATI radeon HD 2600XT, PCIe, 256Mb ram
    - SKU: 11110-00, BIOS VER. 010.051.000.001.000000
    - Ati Catalyst 7.10, without CCC or CP

What's happened?

9. Fedyon

Fedyon Member

GPU:
    X1950Pro 512Mb AGP
  10. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Did I wrote that new beta is compatible with X2xxx boards !?
    Disable overclocking.

Sorry , but at this moment I have a lot of problems (including finance ones) thats why I unable to buy one card for tests. I hope everything will be okay in next two months, so I will be able to buy at least X2600

11. Gulliver_69

Gulliver_69 Member

GPU:
  12. sativasam

sativasam New Member

GPU:
    leadtek px8800gt zl 512
    RE: holes in my walls an 3d games

Sorry , but at this moment I have a lot of problems (including finance ones) thats why I unable to buy one card for tests. I hope everything will be okay in next two months, so I will be able to buy at least X2600[/QUOTE]

got a sapphire 2600xt gddr4, cant do anything with it, do u wanna tweak it for me, happy to mail it to u, an save u the cash of buyin 1, though i am then stuck with an old x300, managed to run bioshock maxxed ok, bf2 maxxed no aa ok. though bf2 has black/blank texture maps (or summat) with ai disabled, even ati's own lava caves util has black holes texture problem even with ccc ai enabled. this is one weird card. all overclock utils bsod pc when i tweak any clock setting. as a moderator u got access to my email im sure, email me and i will send u card before i destroy my house bangin my head against the walls. could maybe run a remote desktop for ya as a good friend an IT engineer an he will set it up for a :givebeer: i am sure this card can easily do more than the 4800 approx 3do6 score when overclocked in ccc. that all i got out of it as yet. or the 7258 score in att tool v1.3.6.1042 thanks for a wicked util, though i dont understand the half of it.

13. Gulliver_69

Gulliver_69 Member

GPU:
    Hi Ray and sorry for my last posted question... :bang:
    I've another question about ATT: I'm using on both my computers the S-video output. The first computer (equipped with a 9700pro by Hercules) is connected to an Acer PD113-P VideoProjector and all works fine but: the screen vertical size is uncorrect. The last week I've tried the same with my second computer (with a Sapphire HD 2600XT): I've connected it to my Sony KV-E2521A with the same results. :confused:

Actual size (similar to 5:3 ?!?):
    ---------------
    |....................|
    |....................|
    |....................|
    ---------------

Correct size (should to be 4:3):
    ---------------
    |....................|
    |....................|
    |....................|
    |....................|
    ---------------

I've tried to use the ATT TV Properties tab to correct and to strech the vertical size to fullscreen but ATT don't works: when I push the "vertical size" buttons, nothing happens. If I push "overscan" or "video mode (for low resolutions)", when I go to "Apply" nothing happens. If I try to change any of the "Advanced" options, when I select "Apply" all the changes go back to old values. :cry:
    Do you can tell me where I'm falling? Do you should to add the "automatic settings" option present on the Ati CCC? It works fine.
    I've installed the Catalyst 7.8 with the Ati 9700pro and the 7.10 with the 2600XT. I've tried to resize the screen with the Ati CCC and all works fine, but I can't waste 125Mb of HDD space for this. When I uninstall the CCC, the screen size goes back to the bad proportions.
    :bang:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  14. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Holly scrap. How much times should I write it? No support for X2xxx! ATT has no full support for TV out and Display properties even for old video boards. So please stop to write me about it. Main purpose of ATT is to operate with 3D settings and with overclocking.

15. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Is it possible to make a temporary fix, where the program disables overclocking on install when an HD2xxx series card is installed? This would be helpful for less adept users, and even though there's no overclocking, there's the ability to create game profiles which I missed so much from ATT.

16. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I just uploaded new beta version where I try to fix it without disabling overclocking. Please download and check it

17. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Member

GPU:
    Powercolor HD5870 1024MB
    How about editing the first post, if not with a changelog, then atleast with the current version number?

I got a 2900XT, going to try the new version. A question: Does everything non-hardware-related, specifically all the advanced tweaks, work safely on a 2900XT?

18. yuka

yuka Active Member

GPU:
    9800gtx @ 820 / 1200
    hi ray, i got a question maybe u could help me since u are experienced enough

i got a x1950pro agp card from sapphire, i know it has bad cooler but.. i am using omega 7.10 with your latest ATT .. when i was using older versions of ATT i always would idle around 40gpu and 30 mem..and under full load it would go max 60C on gpu.. now some time passed on i didnt change anything in my setup.. only new drivers and new ATT, my idle temps are now 48-50C on gpu and when i played nfs prostreet 2 laps (about 10min) i went out of the game checked and gpu had 78C ... i used stock settings, and fan on 100% in att.. and i dont understand why.. i cleaned card several thimes.. i dont know what to do, i think if nobody can help i will sell it

19. Gulliver_69

Gulliver_69 Member

GPU:
    Sorry, Ray, but I don't know all your "laws" (sorry for my poor english). I've followed your suggestion and now ATT without OC works fine on my 2600XT: the problem is that the TV-output of my two radeon cards appears crushed (pressed) and I need for a software that can modify the TV-output to a right 4:3 aspect ratio. I've believed that your software can make this, I don't know if TV-output is related to rv6xx or not. Do you can suggest me the right software to stretch the height of my TV-output?
    :help:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  20. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    No "laws" in my posts :) I just wrote that ATT doesn't support X2xxx and has bad support for TV Out and Display properties. Because
    1. This is not main purpose of ATT
    2. I have no information about how to do all those things with TV and Displays
    3. I don't have a lot of hardware to check all of them and add support.

Catalyst Control Center.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.