New beta version discussion

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    small (minor) feature request ;)
    would be possible use "check for updates" to check for beta updates too ?

p.s. Ray You got my private messages i sent thru this board ?

2. Slappy69

Slappy69 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire x1900xt 512
    I have noticed my 3D clock setting switching back to 2D clock setting's in games like battlefield 2 but it does not switch back in oblivion. I'm using low-level overclocking an disabled ATI Hotkey Poller an i have setup two profile's 2D/3D i set 2D setting's on startup and manually switch clock to 3D when i want to play a game.

3. Unity

Unity Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT
    Did you get those X1950Pro guys the voltage adjustments they've been dieing for?

4. hexxer

hexxer New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 1950Pro 256
    What a fine day. ATT works with the the 1950Pro. Big thanks for that great work.
    BUT: I cant "downclock " the memory. I have a sapphire 1950 Pro that works with 702 MhZ Mem. If i set 699 my system hangs with a black screen. If i setup 702MhZ - its OK, if i go back to 602 - its ok....if i go to <702Mhz - Blackscreen.

With WinCLK i can go up to 300MHZ Mem and the system is rockstable.

5. binormalkilla

binormalkilla Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870X2 XSPC water block
    I have the RV570....I'm about to install the new beta and check it out :)

6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Not yet.

This is Catalyst issue. Its reset clocks when you play any video files. I think this is some king of protection against low level overclocking. So the only one solution is to use Driver Level

What version of WinClock you have? I have used the same method as introduced in WinClk, so it must work :) I assume you have used Drive Level overclocking mode it ATT

7. hexxer

hexxer New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 1950Pro 256
    Hi,

should be Version 5.22. It tested it yesterday 5-6 times with the same effect. My rig give me a black screen and wont come back from this situation if i downclock with ATT. Thame clocks with winclk works properly. Next test: set 350/350 with WinCLK and then set default clocks (580/702) with ATT give me grafic glitches like defective memory. This clocks set and reset with winclk give me no problems at all.

Overclocking in the range with the min-clocks (580/702) works perfect, but cant go lower than 702 :(

Regards

8. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Wait. What you used in WinClk for downclocking ? 2D or 3D clocks?

9. hexxer

hexxer New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 1950Pro 256
    Hi,

nothing of this, dont use 2d/3d Setting
    Think the 1950 Pro have no 2d/3d Profiles, runs everytime 680/702
    [​IMG]

10. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Its strange. ATT use the same procedure for overclocking like in WinClk. Are sure clocks applied properly in WinClk?

11. hexxer

hexxer New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 1950Pro 256
    Hi,

yes, absolute shure. Checked via Everest Ultima and some Aquamark runs. The results of AM3 are bad enough to cry with 350/350 :D ;)

I try to find some other users that can/nt confirm this with her cards.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  12. Nemisor

Nemisor Member

GPU:
    ASUS HD 7870 DirectCU II
    Just got my new HIS X1950XTX today... currently finding max gpu/mem and will update my sig when I verify stability.

13. Nemisor

Nemisor Member

GPU:
    ASUS HD 7870 DirectCU II
    Well, easier said than done. Attempting to use low level OC causes display anomalies and either a black screen or it will reset itself and try to send an error report. If I use driver level OC it will clock the core to 580 max and ram to 1053 max. What annoys me is that this card is supposedly rated to get to 650 core. Am I missing something?

Just noticed that Overdrive in the control panel IS reporting the current core at 648... not sure which is correct now. At least the ram is able to get 50 mhz over what was claimed. I've also noticed that in the system information details it mentions that there are three power states and only the last one (1.45 volts) will run at 650 mhz. If I use ATT to OC at all it will reset the "requested" voltage back to 1.2 even if I go into the Overdrive settings and specify 1.45. It also will not show me the current voltage, any ideas?

14. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    ATT has not full support for X1950 on low level overclocking. But driver level should work without problems. Just do not forget about voltage for 3D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.