New beta version discussion

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Just uploaded new beta version.

[+] Added 500ms delay before restoring previous 3D settings after exiting from game. If this included in game profile.

I found that sometimes old 3D settings was not applied correctly after exiting from game, so this delay should fix it.

2. AXS

AXS Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi HD 4800
    Updated translation to latest Beta (...61) ->Here<- ;)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  3. lorenzo.x119

lorenzo.x119 Active Member

GPU:
    Club3d 8800gts @610/2000
    Auto 2D/3D feature in my Scarface profile doesn't work, the game blocks himself If in his profile I select "Auto 2D/3D " ...

I have to downgrade to the former beta.

EDIT: I Think ATT doesn't concern in It. Maybe It's a driver problem seeing that I have just changed them to an unofficial version :bonk:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  4. hotswank

hotswank Member

GPU:
    Palit HD4870 SonicDual512
    Better OC results with ATITool, why?

I just can't figure out why I get better 3DMark05 results with ATITool (v0.25b15) compared to ATI Tray Tools. (CPU 2.20GHz - PowerColor X1800XT - Catalyst 6.10 sans CCC):

Both apps. use the same profiles:
    3D = 621-747 @1.3V
    OC = 688-765 @1.4V

A. ATITools
    B. ATI Tray Tools 126956 Beta (low-level)
    C. ATI Tray Tools 126940

(ATI Poller and Auto 2D/3D clocking are both disabled, using manual clocks in profiles, Flash OSD shows correct GPU clocks)

My 3DMark05 results (without the CPU tests):

A.3D 8707
    B.3D 8471
    C.3D 8506
    A.OC 9114
    B.OC 8816
    C.OC 8843

The differences between v126956 and v126940 are marginal, but substantial between ATITool and ATI Tray Tools. Any ideas?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2006

5. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    looks like some image quality trickery or messing with another registry tweak (some memory/cache stuff) ...

i guess running some "registry" tracker to find what's altered is only way how discover this (btw OSD and tray temperature monitoring etc is disabled ?)

6. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Problem for me is that settings like AA and AF never seem to apply themselves whenever I start the games up. I have ATi Hotkey poller activated for overclocking, and I'm using Cat 6.10 on an X1900XT 256mb. I have Catalyst A.I. disabled normally and in the profiles, and yet whenever I open a game like halo or battlefield 2 my 3d settings are never applied ( only AF in halo, since it doesn't support AA ).

I have the "set Direct3d to" check box ticked and the "restore previous settings after game end" check box ticked too. I use custom settings. I click save every time I change the settings and I create a shortcut on the desktop and use that to open the game every time.

7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 Laykun - What game you used to test it?

2 hotswank - Are you sure use used LOW LEVEL in ATT?

8. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Battlefield 2
    Oblivion
    Halo PC
    UT2004

These games don't seem to be accepting the AA and AF settings at all. Which is strange because they have on occasions, but then reverted back to this state.

9. sickie

sickie New Member

GPU:
    ATi Sapphire Radeon X1800GTO
    2 Laykun:

If you have Catalyst AI disabled as I guess from your previous post, maybe you can try to enable it (set it to Low for exapmle). I dont know how about the other games, but for Oblivion, you have to have Catalyst AI enabled to use AA with HDR in the game.

10. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Ok enabling Catalyst A.I. and setting to high allows me to use BOTH AA and AF in oblivion, but doesn't help for any other game, with out high I cannot use AF either, and I have to set Catalyst A.I. in the main DirectX settings menu, setting it to use high catalyst A.I. in the profile doesn't appear to work.

11. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    As I know Halo doesn't support AA and you can not firce to use it. For rest of games and options. Everything should be applied without any problems. Do you have any other utils in background like FRAPS or etc.?

12. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    No other utilities are being used while ATT is in use. The only other things open would be MSN, my mouse control utility, anti-virus and that's it.

13. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Ok so I've found that my OpenGL settings were set to 6x AA and 16x AF, disabling these allowed me to use my quality settings in game, it appears that openGL settings conflict with Direct3D profiles. Now, I have another question, whenever I use my profiles ( with an AF setting ) I get horrible banding, this is with catalyst A.I. on and off ( profiles don't appear to be able to actually change the catalyst A.I. setting, I have to do it manually ) and with High Quality AF on and off, with and without trillinear filtering. It's only when I alt tab out of a game and change any Direct3D setting and go back into the game that the banding is eliminated, I have all my default settings set to application controlled, with high quality AF enabled and no trillinear or AF optimisations. Is there something I am missing?

EDIT : Ok so I uninstalled ATT and the cats I had installed and started from scratch. Updated to Cats 6.11, now everything works just fine, thank you for your time, I really appreciate this magnificent tool.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  14. oscopel

oscopel New Member

Overvolt x1300xt

HI,
    I have recently purchase a Sapphire x1300xt with GDDR3, I have try your ultimate ati try tool beta version but i can't change the memory voltage , is it possible make this? The x1300xt have the same core & memory of x1650pro
    Thx in advance

15. binormalkilla

binormalkilla Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870X2 XSPC water block
    YES!!!!!!!!! That would be most excellent! Nobody has developed a software based voltage adjustment tool for the RV570 core, not ATI Tool.....only voltmods out there are done by bridging circuits on the back of the card with resistors. I want to keep my warrenty, thank you very much. I'm installing the beta now.

16. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Uploaded new beta version:

[*] Updated text rendering procedure in FlashOSD module
    [*] Updated overclocking support for RV570 and RV560 boards. Thanks Unwinder for help and information.

17. DarN

DarN Member

GPU:
    4870X2
    Where?

18. puntarenas

puntarenas Active Member

GPU:
    Mad Moxx X1900XT 512MB
    Thanks for updating German.ini as well in the new beta, you rule!

19. hotswank

hotswank Member

GPU:
    Palit HD4870 SonicDual512
    Yes, I remember quite well because selecting 'Driver' corrupted my screen! I'm running the 940 version now. If I want to check it again, I'll have to install the 956b again.

Has anyone else (or you Ray) tried this at home? Perhaps it's just my Vcard, dunno.

20. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Internally :)

Anyone with RV570 core board here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.