New beta version discussion

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    1.2.6.964 Relased

I just decided to create open beta testing forum. Everyone can now download beta version and discuss it here.
    Please do not download beta version if you don't sure you can handle beta testing! Beta version always has bugs, and some times BIG bugs :)
    So join this forum only if you sure you can take such risk :)

_______
    Addons:
    Please do not post beta version on any File Sharing/Download servers. This is not RELEASE and shouldn't be available for public domain.

Here is a link to current beta version. I will update that file after fixing new bugs or adding new features.

http://atitray.fangel.ru/b1/attsetup.exe

_________

Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Because the final build number is unknown at this time, I will post information about changes and build number of last beta version.

[F] Fixed procedure to display memory clocks as DDR in Overclocking Window.
    [*] Updated tray icon

3. sickie

sickie New Member

GPU:
    ATi Sapphire Radeon X1800GTO
    Hi Ray,

First of, the new icon looks much better than the last one =)

And now to my problem:
    I have Sapphire Radeon X1800GTO...I used ATT v1.2.6.940 to overclock it perfectly (except some problems with auto overclocking and not working Overdrive3). After I tried new version (955) and now the last beta I'm experiencing some troubles with OC profiles. I will try to explain it best I can.

I am able to create OC profiles without any problem. I made one OC profile core 700MHz/Mem 700Mhz and increased voltages and "default" profile with default clocks and default voltages. Now the problem occurs, when I try to load the "Default profile" after having loaded "OC profile", I get blue screen and it's over...In previous version 940, it never happened.

For that matter, I run on Catalyst 6.10 Display Driver, I have disabled ATI HotKey Poller and I am using Low Level Overclocking. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Sickie

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    No ideas. I didn't change Low level overclocking method since 940 build. So it should work like in previous builds. May be Catalyst 6.10 is a key to that problem?
    BTW. When exactly you have BSOD? When manually switch from OC to DEF profile or after games?

5. sickie

sickie New Member

GPU:
    Thanks for reply, Ray

I get the BSOD when manually changing from OC profile to Default profile, I didnt try Auto Overclocking at all. I also tried some more things. I made another OC profile on 720/720 with slightly more voltage (1.425/2.225) and I can changing between those two OC profiles without any problems. But when I made profile with little bit increased default voltages (for example 520/520 with 1.125/1.925), the same thing happening all the time - changing to OC profiles = no problem, changing back to decreased clocks and voltages = error...

I rather went back to version 940, it just works better for me so far...Have no idea why, but it does.

6. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb
    Quick question ray, will I ever have voltage control for my card? Or the lack of overdrive feature mean its not possible?

This tool has made me decide to go R600 btw!

7. sickie

sickie New Member

GPU:
    I noticed my X1800GTO doesnt have overdrive support, too, yet the voltage control works for me in ATT. So I guess it is not related to it. Maybe you just have to wait as X1900GT is a quite new card, so Ray has to work on it for some time...me guess.

8. Unity

Unity Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT
    Please give us a definition of the new AA and AF settings.

RNPP?

ECMM?

ZTWA?

MRTWA?

EAAZMM?

EPSZMM?

SAAOM?

ZRA?

SMRA?

9. Unity

Unity Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT
    Yes, with a soldering iron.

j/k;)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  10. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I'm working on it.

I have no ideas. :)

11. Tovarish

Tovarish Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X1900xt @ 710/840
    Ray, on 956 is already present but hidden the VDDCI and MVVDQ voltages setup?
    Thanks,

12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    No. I will add it in next few days.

13. uxexes

uxexes New Member

thanks ray adams (OSMANLI)

14. galmok

galmok New Member

When changing Advanced Tweak options the driver doesn't always notice them right away. I usually have to open CCC and change an option in there. I usually toggle the Temporal Anti-aliasing in CCC and apply and undo and apply again to make the ATT options take effect.

The ATI Hotkey Poller is not killed.

I dont know it this is what I should expect or not, though.

15. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    You are not right. I never sow such behavior of ATT. All should work without any problems.

16. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb

Thanks ray!

17. ripps818

ripps818 Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
    The newest official version and this beta both cause my laptop's screen to scramble and freeze when attempting to enter hibernation. I get a wrong low-level driver warning when I boot-up and the problem goes away when I uninstall ATT.

I'm using the latest Catalyst Mobility 6.10 drivers.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  18. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Did you install any non official Catalyst drivers with ATT bundled? You shoudn't
    see this error :) Also if your board doesn't have temperature sensor you can disable I2C in atitray.ini. Any way I never tested ATT on X1400 Mobility. So there are can be a lot of problems . ATT doesn't fully support mobility chips.

19. ripps818

ripps818 Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
    Well, I used to have an older version of ATT installed when I used the default Gateway drivers, but they were getting pretty old and Valve's Steam said I should upgrade, so I installed the default catalyst mobility drivers.
    ATT seemed to work at first, but I only started getting these errors when I updated to the latest version.
    In fact, I had to roll-back in safe mode because one of the freezes caused me to lose some important system files.

P.S. Now that I think about it, the version of ATT I was using before might have came from some Omega Catalyst drivers I tried, but uninstalled because they didn't support screen rotation with my laptop (essential for using in Tablet Mode).

20. AXS

AXS Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi HD 4800
    Could you add a Zipped version - it works even whit out install it and could you add Z-Buffer depth 32 Bit ;)

PS.And could you add Romanian Language to the latest Build - I want to see if everything is fine before you release an official version :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.